Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: List of Insurers

  1. #1
    SauRoN
    Guest

    Default List of Insurers

    Yo, a buddy of mine is buying a new R6 soon, and it would be appreciated if everyone could list the insurers that they know of.

    Thanx

  2. #2
    Evil Biker Scum TTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yes, sometimes
    Bike
    Volbloed Blou GP Piston
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,987

    Default

    Hi S
    Remember premium is not everything but also sometimes important on a tight budget, investigate when u guys take cover, check who is the underwriter/insurer, check the excess in the event of total loss(accident write off & theft) , and also make sure of any policy endorsements/exclusions
    For a clearer viewpoint of brokers/insurers go to hellopeter.com, type insurance in the search bar, it is a consumer website, ull get a clearer view of insurance companies/brokers/underwriters, who to consider and who to stay away from, good luck, remember to quote with BikeSURE as well. Premium however will in general be high if first bike.
    If u stay on the rear, u'll save cost by not replacing the front !

  3. #3
    Saggitarius
    Guest

    Default

    Call BIKELINE on 011 764 1555.

  4. #4
    Evil Biker Scum TTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yes, sometimes
    Bike
    Volbloed Blou GP Piston
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,987

    Default

    wat is bikeline se web adres ?
    If u stay on the rear, u'll save cost by not replacing the front !

  5. #5
    Biker Trash Jefferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    Jinx is dead, My heart is broken
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Call BIKELINE on 011 764 1555.
    Make sure your over 30 :evil:
    Who's a sexy motorbike, Who's a sexy motorbike.
    Yes yous my sexy motorbike

  6. #6
    SauRoN
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    Call BIKELINE on 011 764 1555.
    Make sure your over 30 :evil:
    That's the reason I started this thread.

    Still being slightly under 25 is a major hassle when purchasing a bike it seems.

  7. #7
    Hardcore Biker dave31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Leicester England
    Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    Call BIKELINE on 011 764 1555.
    Make sure your over 30 :evil:
    That's the reason I started this thread.

    Still being slightly under 25 is a major hassle when purchasing a bike it seems.
    Yip - you bloody youngsters are a menace to society! ;)

  8. #8
    Hooligan Biker GRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida Hills
    Bike
    My Scoot
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave31
    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    Call BIKELINE on 011 764 1555.
    Make sure your over 30 :evil:
    That's the reason I started this thread.

    Still being slightly under 25 is a major hassle when purchasing a bike it seems.
    Yip - you bloody youngsters are a menace to society! ;)
    Keep the wind in your hair and the rubber on the ground.

  9. #9
    Biker Trash Jefferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    Jinx is dead, My heart is broken
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    858

    Default

    SauRoN wrote:
    Jefferson wrote:
    Quote:
    Call BIKELINE on 011 764 1555.


    Make sure your over 30


    That's the reason I started this thread.

    Still being slightly under 25 is a major hassle when purchasing a bike it seems.


    Yip - you bloody youngsters are a menace to society!
    And so speaks our speeding pensioners
    Who's a sexy motorbike, Who's a sexy motorbike.
    Yes yous my sexy motorbike

  10. #10
    Hooligan Biker GRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida Hills
    Bike
    My Scoot
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    SauRoN wrote:
    Jefferson wrote:
    Quote:
    Call BIKELINE on 011 764 1555.


    Make sure your over 30


    That's the reason I started this thread.

    Still being slightly under 25 is a major hassle when purchasing a bike it seems.


    Yip - you bloody youngsters are a menace to society!
    And so speaks our speeding pensioners
    That part is also true...have you ever seen a silver ship look like a blur on the road ;)
    Keep the wind in your hair and the rubber on the ground.

  11. #11
    Biker Trash Jefferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    Jinx is dead, My heart is broken
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Jefferson wrote:
    Quote:
    SauRoN wrote:
    Jefferson wrote:
    Quote:
    Call BIKELINE on 011 764 1555.


    Make sure your over 30


    That's the reason I started this thread.

    Still being slightly under 25 is a major hassle when purchasing a bike it seems.


    Yip - you bloody youngsters are a menace to society!

    And so speaks our speeding pensioners


    That part is also true...have you ever seen a silver ship look like a blur on the road
    Yes, Blue and Silver BMW screaming past me on the open road But its ok, figured he was old and needed to have sweeper looking after him

    Then this Non biased bike insurance company comes along and says that their clients aren't Numbers - That is of course till i called in and said my age... Guess what, IM A NUMBER!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Who's a sexy motorbike, Who's a sexy motorbike.
    Yes yous my sexy motorbike

  12. #12
    Hardcore Biker dave31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Leicester England
    Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    [

    Yes, Blue and Silver BMW screaming past me on the open road But its ok, figured he was old and needed to have sweeper looking after him

    Then this Non biased bike insurance company comes along and says that their clients aren't Numbers - That is of course till i called in and said my age... Guess what, IM A NUMBER!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Couldn't have been me - I never speed. And anyway, mine is grey ;)

  13. #13
    Evil Biker Scum TTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yes, sometimes
    Bike
    Volbloed Blou GP Piston
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,987

    Default

    I know something u guys don't, watch this space for 25 ers.... if u have good previous insurance history then no reason why u should be down under
    If u stay on the rear, u'll save cost by not replacing the front !

  14. #14
    SauRoN
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTT
    I know something u guys don't, watch this space for 25 ers.... if u have good previous insurance history then no reason why u should be down under
    What about the fact that I had R30 000 worth of damage to my bike the other day?

    The worst part is, it wasn't even my fault yet it will still count against me for claiming.

  15. #15
    Biker Trash Jefferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    Jinx is dead, My heart is broken
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    858

    Default

    ouldn't have been me - I never speed. And anyway, mine is grey
    Spray paint does wonders
    Who's a sexy motorbike, Who's a sexy motorbike.
    Yes yous my sexy motorbike

  16. #16
    Hardcore Biker dave31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Leicester England
    Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    I actually think that this is a subtle hint from the insurance industry that lighties under the age of 25 should only be riding up to about a 250 delivery bike until such time as they have learned respect for othe riders and drivers ;)


  17. #17
    Evil Biker Scum Typhoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kensington
    Bike
    DR-Z400SM
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,603

    Default Re: List of Insurers

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN
    Yo, a buddy of mine is buying a new R6 soon, and it would be appreciated if everyone could list the insurers that they know of.

    Thanx
    Firstlink 0800234567
    Kick the tyres and Light the fire... and own the roads and tracks ride a Suzuki.....

  18. #18
    Biker Trash Jefferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    Jinx is dead, My heart is broken
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    858

    Default

    I actually think that this is a subtle hint from the insurance industry that lighties under the age of 25 should only be riding up to about a 250 delivery bike until such time as they have learned respect for othe riders and drivers
    I agree with you, but then they should also remember that we are the future, and will be carrying them to there targets??? Puzzels me how people can turn away business without having a proper new entrant examination
    Who's a sexy motorbike, Who's a sexy motorbike.
    Yes yous my sexy motorbike

  19. #19
    Evil Biker Scum Valheru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Bike
    "waiting"
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    Puzzels me how people can turn away business without having a proper new entrant examination
    It should not. They are out to make money. And they see anybody under 25 as high risk windgats. Ou toppies are more carefull with their toys.
    null

  20. #20
    Biker Trash Jefferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    Jinx is dead, My heart is broken
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Gave Fisrtlink a ring, And to insure both my Bike and Car... Wait for it................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................R650 Comprehensive insurance with a flat excess of R1500 on the bike and R1000 on the Car. Now how awesome is that Bike is insured for R325

    HAHAHA I is da man init.
    Waiting for the quote and then i am gonna research them.
    Who's a sexy motorbike, Who's a sexy motorbike.
    Yes yous my sexy motorbike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •