Thread: Sad decision

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Thumbs down Sad decision

As most of you know, I have been posting birthday wishes here for the past eleven years, it used to be a competition between myself and RichardVZ to see who could get in first and outdo the other with sometimes silly but otherwise quirky takes on peoples Nic's!
    Now however, I am afraid that I really no longer have the inclination to post birthday greetings to people who for the most part don't even bother to log on or in some cases even post anything!
    To the answering stalwarts, WBro, Colyvon, Ashley, I thank you, but I'm afraid I'll no longer be doing this!
    I'm not sure of the reasons that this campaign and its forum have basically gone down the drain, because from what I can see on the Farcebroek pages, they are just as bad! So sad to see something so many of us have put time and effort into over the years dying due to lack of interest!
    I'll pop in from time to time, but from what used to be my go to daily entertainment to what it is today???
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Trip 7s
    Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

Thank you for what you have done through the many years, your faithfulness in posting birthdays has, I'm sure, been appreciated by many. It is indeed sad that the forum is no longer a glimmer of its' interesting and eventful past. There are so many memories in the hundreds of posts here. Hopefully people will still use the information that is here. Keep well Vespa 1

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Big BMW, Small Yamaha & an old classic BMW
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Thanks for the years of solid service to the campaign and keeping names alive on the forum. Appreciated by all. Some threads had 50 plus responses in the 'old days'.

To many easier and quicker forms of social media and google and YouTube have stripped away every benefit that forums had (unless highly technical in nature or closed forums for members only).

Sadly the main users are Private Messaging with 0 posts on their profile.
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or TB Marshals or any other sane human

The Windsurfer
    Bike
    2003 BMW R1150R
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Thanks for all your work and effort and trying to help keep the forum alive . I still pop in from time to time and hope to bump into you on occasion. Take care.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

Evolution is tough. Thanks for your contribution Vespa. You are not alone in your observations. Even coffee runs are becoming scarce these days with our busier than normal schedule.
    May you ride well into the dawn.