Triumph Thruxton EFI 900 2015!
    Region
    Western Cape

Default Cleaning my bike

Hi Guys
    Hope the lockdown is going well
    Just a question on cleaning the bike
    What products do you guys use ?
    I need specifics. I am overwhelmed by all the info and brands out there. Something that wont break the bank but still safe for the motorcycle.
    I have seen some people use clean green, muc-off, motul...
    Please assist
    Kind Regards
    Jannus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Az Dawg

Bike
    Tards and Tarts
    Region
    Western Cape

You may not believe this but I've done it on a few of my bikes...

Mr Min... everywhere except chain and brake area. The whole tin. So the bike is one large white foamy object. Leave to soak for a few hours then wipe dry with micro fibre cloths.

Hooligan Biker

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Region
    Gauteng

Name:  Cleaning stuff.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  63.3 KBName:  Marder.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  47.2 KB

Hi Janus. Here's the products I use. I clean my bike every second Sunday using the products on the left. The Marder product on the right I use every 4 months to keep rodents away from my electrical cables and components.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton EFI 900 2015!
    Region
    Western Cape

Thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

I'm more of the automotive "wash and wash" guy on the plastics. Car bumpers are plastics is my reasoning Just DO NOT WAX THE SEAT as it'll be interesting sitting on it.

Chain I've been using parrafin on a cloth, or a rub-down with toothbrush when I see caking-up of lube. I then brush some car gear oil, using toothbrush, onto chain in the rings and little touch on the sides so as to prevent surface rust.
    Because I commute daily, 60-80km round trip, I've come to learn how much oil is too much (I think I can confidently say I have minimal noticeable fling for a daily commute).

I think a breakfast-run bike looks and is maintained differently to a more daily commute bike. Yes, the 500-800-1000 lube intervals may be similar, but I can't imagine myself pulling-up at the tollgate and lubing the bike on a trip to Durban. Well lubed when leaving home will result in great ride. I have a BLACK chain, so uncertain how gear oil would behave on a gold chain.

Used to use chain wax, but migrated from it as I hated how I couldn't get to remove it on the front sprocket that us behind some other plastics.
    Two wheels not for the faint hearted in Jozi! ​