Thread: New rider learning issues

N00b
    Bike
    Please enter your ride!!!!!
    Region
    Western Cape

Default New rider learning issues

Hi guys, im not sure if this is progress or no progress but i got myself a 125cc. Me being on the short side both my feet touch the ground on the balls only. the big also weighs a bit more than an average 125cc. Iv had the bike for about maybe 2 weeks or so. I dont ride everyday but when I do its mostly around the area. My issues mostly comes when stopping or maybe pulling away.
    I feel that I need both feet on the ground all the time when stopping.
    I cant get used the way of stopping with back brakes only, so i constantly using the front brakes to stop and putting both feet on the ground. Then it takes me a good minute or so to pull away again. Its like theres too much to remember to do when stopping as one day it was a bit windy and I had to keep my hand on the brakes all the time so the bike doesnt move foward while pulling away.
    I ended up dropping the bike twice already and stationary positions. first was trying to push it in the garage which has an incline and second was rolling to a stop street and the bike was too at a low speed and eventually there the bike went.

Any advice and tips to help with better biking. Just feel that my progress is slow and puts a knock in my confidence

Az Dawg

Bike
    Tards and Tarts
    Region
    Western Cape

Firstly... 2 weeks? You need to give yourself a break here.
    Secondly... You need to have a session with @RoadRage, keep an eye on this - https://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showth...g-Western-Cape

Trip 7s
    Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi sabrefm1.
    Best advice I can give you, is humble yourself and go for professional beginner rider training with a reputable company to unlearn any bad habits you have aquired. It's sometimes better to start at the beginning.
    Whatever you decide, be safe.