Thread: Forum Activity

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Big BMW, Small Yamaha & an old classic BMW
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Comment Forum Activity

As different types of social media arrive and depart from our devices it has been clear that old school forums such as this will suffer from falling usage. That said the valuable information contained within the TB Forum is in-depth and priceless to those that may need it. Not sure how the future data management and its availability will be for the forum with dropping numbers.

But what is noticeable is the ever constant membership that are Private Messaging. More out of curiosity than anything else as there are no online threads or comments being posted. Curiosity killed the cat...
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or TB Marshals or any other sane human

Hooligan Biker

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Region
    Gauteng

I hope this forum survives the times. This forum is an encyclopedia as opposed to the fast-food manner in which information is shared via other platforms like facebook etc.

Trip 7s
    Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

When I was still on FB, I tried a number of times to encourage folk to visit this forum, so much great advice among the pages here. On FB it's gone in 60 seconds. We used to have some great 'discussions' here.

Biker
    Bike
    Honda CBX250 Twister
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I hope this forum survives the times. This forum is an encyclopedia as opposed to the fast-food manner in which information is shared via other platforms like facebook etc.
    Yes! Exactly this!

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    CBR1000R, GSX650F
    Region
    Gauteng

I see this happen on some other huge forums I frequent as well, I am afraid that the forum style of communicating is a thing that is dying out with likes of whatsapp groups. It really is very sad to see the a forum that once had thousands of post a day barely get posts.

Times change I suppose and the younger generation(not that I am even the older one yet) want everything quick and easy, no time for a quick search on a forum anymore.

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

I've been on here for 12 years, and have watched the steady decline in both membership and interest over the last few years, which saddens me greatly! This used to be the go to spot for all sorts of things, from Richard with his flying frozen ckickens to real competition between coffee stops and lots of technical and other advice!
    Nowdays a birthday wish is lucky to get two replies, and then often not even from the birthday person????
    Farcebroek is full of crap telling us how we should ride and seems to be dominated by Hein Jonker, whoever he is! It is full of "Friends" Here we used to be REAL friends!
    Sorry, not for me!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Cheeky!
    Bike
    Kawazaki Er6n
    Region
    Gauteng

Just something that I noticed login in, to get the the forum you first have to select Marshaling, I am wondering if this is not contributing to the steady decline as if you have no interest in Marshaling or any of the other menus, you will not find the Forum, maybe it should be a menu option on its own.

Hooligan Biker

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Vespa 1 View Post
    Here we used to be REAL friends!
    Sorry, not for me!
    This forum is still valuable to me. Perhaps we should use Facebook as a tool to direct our friends there to this forum so that they can also enjoy its benefits. Although your celebration posts give me instant arc eyes, I still enjoy it

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

Facebook/Whatsapp has invested heavily in mobile device technology. Navigating on some of these forums on a mobile needs tablet skills. Yes...the one Uncle Moses held!!

A google search will lead one to the right forum, so if you believe in forms, post away, and if you get 357 views and 0 replies, don't fret.
    Two wheels not for the faint hearted in Jozi! ​

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Just something that I noticed login in, to get the the forum you first have to select Marshaling, I am wondering if this is not contributing to the steady decline as if you have no interest in Marshaling or any of the other menus, you will not find the Forum, maybe it should be a menu option on its own.
    Something to look at to maintain some interest. Thanks Cubby
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or TB Marshals or any other sane human

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

The OP also mentioned the Private Messaging. Not sure if I am missing something but unless it is just old habits or linked to another activity I just cannot understand it.
    Over 30 login to message a day and less than 30 posts per day and not by those forum members.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Honda Silverwing 600FSC
    Region
    Gauteng

I don't think this is too bad? 838 online.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle!"

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglewing View Post
    I don't think this is too bad? 838 online.
    Of the 838 a good 830 will be automated web bots searching for information.

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Of the 838 a good 830 will be automated web bots searching for information.
    Hola AMZ!

The mysterious group of PMers of forumites with 0 posts too.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Region
    Gauteng

Speaking of membership, what gives? I was a paid up member but my card expired end 2017... I didn't get the reminder emails (maybe spam filtered?) so haven't renewed... But the forum member tag still seems to be valid. Is membership still a thing?

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Speaking of membership, what gives? I was a paid up member but my card expired end 2017... I didn't get the reminder emails (maybe spam filtered?) so haven't renewed... But the forum member tag still seems to be valid. Is membership still a thing?
    Unless it has changed, the removal of your member tag from the forum is a manual thing. The membership dude needs to inform the Forum Admin dude to remove it. I am not sure that process is still in place.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Unless it has changed, the removal of your member tag from the forum is a manual thing. The membership dude needs to inform the Forum Admin dude to remove it. I am not sure that process is still in place.