Thread: Midvaal Raceway 12/01/2020

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Midvaal Raceway 12/01/2020

Hey every one's

So going down to midvaal this sunday if any one wants to join,

Nice enough track to just get some good riding practice in.

Its about R400 for the day, my self and Milton Summers will be there, plus a few guys to help out and give instruction to any one who needs help.

drop me a PM if you need more details

https://goo.gl/maps/9eMDzcaMSaLnr33K8
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

I MIGHT be able to make it, need to practice on my new setup on my bike.
    Thumb brake setup, right foot gearshift and new fork internals.
    I am competing in the Monocle series this year and the first race is on the 1st Feb at Redstar.
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

That would be really cool to see the setup, always wanted to see how a thumb rear brake is setup with the hydraulic's, ive always wanted to try trail brake a corner if i go in to fast, i just rely on engine braking and lean my tubby bottom as far off the bike as possible, but then i am super slow, so there is that as well
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

Watching with both ears.

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Discacciati thumb brake bought from their website:

Longer custom made brake line:

Stock rear master cylinder removed and new brake line from thumb brake master to rear caliper done:

Custom made (by me) right side gear shift with shaft through swingarm pivot:

And the thumb brake in action:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJTU...ature=youtu.be

The thumb brake setup I used completely bypasses the stock rear brake setup. I did that by choice as the right foot gearshift is now in place due to my left ankle. And there is zero space on the left to move the rear brake that side. There are a few other systems available that tie into the stock rear brake setup so that you can use either the foot or thumb, or both together.
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Looks super cool, well ye, my track by She is Dave Purchase's old bike, who only had his right leg, he had a very similar set up for gear shifter, thats shiftier, does the rear thumb brake work well? Didnt see you ar midvaal

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks.

I was not at Midvaal, could not make it.
    I am going to Redstar tomorrow to test and set up.