Grammar Nazi (wish I was a biker). 747's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW K1200RS; K1200S; TVS Apache 180
    Region
    Gauteng

Angry Stolen Bike License

Ullo, folks!
    Me again.

My son at 21 had his driving license card stolen. He has been battling to get a copy of it.
    First up, he lost his ID at the same time, so that required replacing first. That was a laugh a minute with our DHA.

Now he is trying to get his driving license replaced. He has a SAPS Affidavit but not a case number because they wanted him to go to another SAPS station nearest the crime scene to get a case number in another city! (Oh dear lawd! That lost me 8 good years of my life-span).

So now it has been weeks he hasn't been able to get an online booking. The website simply says, "no spaces available". Not in any area except Heidelberg. Oh, and The West Rand - which when he finally called someone they told him doesn't exist - it's just one of those things. But Roodepoort is full, Krugersdorp, Randburg, etc etc.

And you can ONLY book online.

Then, he went to Randburg, and as soon as he said, "stolen" they immediately wanted to send him to the Randburg Civic Centre, gat net ver weg van my af en maak dit iemand anders se probleem.

And so we are still clueless and blocked out by the online booking page. How does that happen anyhow? Is it possible that there is not ONE single space anywhere in Gauteng?
    It sounds to me more like that system has crashed; or scalps are block booking thousands of spaces to resell them.

Anyone done this before? Any advice for a completely frustrated youngster? TIA

PS. I am assuming the bank can't do this?
    It's not how fast you can ride --- it's how fast you can STOP!

Grammar Nazi (wish I was a biker). 747's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW K1200RS; K1200S; TVS Apache 180
    Region
    Gauteng

And please, this has been a four months headache, so smart-asses will have their bogroll confiscated and given a mielie.
    It's not how fast you can ride --- it's how fast you can STOP!

Trip 7s
    Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

Perhaps a place like Q4U would be able to help?

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Shyte! I hear and feel your frustration, took me 9 months to get my licence and ID replaced after it was stolen! My secret was to go onto the online booking at 07.00 every morning and see where I could get a booking.
    Usually Krugersdorp or Roodepoort has bookings available?
    Try this bloke, Jakes, he does all my licencing work, he has contacts? 0796331342
    Good luck!!!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

Iím genuinely lost as to why one needs to book. If he lost his license card, all he does is goes to local license department (ID in hand - in his case after Home Affairs has issued replacement), and applies for a replacement card. Iím assuming itíll be same process if one loses a Learners Paper License.

Alternatively, being +21, why not short circuit the system by applying for a PDP? One doesnít need to surrender their existing license cars when applying for a PDP. A new license card will be issued in 3-4 weeks.

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Big BMW, Small Yamaha & an old classic BMW
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

@747

Let us know the final solution once you reach it. Thanks.
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or TB Marshals or any other sane human