Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Batt HP series 2 tyres

Bike
    Suzuki B-King - 1300
    Region
    Gauteng

Have you ever had a track tyre on the rear. How did they compare to the Batt rear in the wet?

Bike
    BMW R Nine T
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by eDs View Post
    Have you ever had a track tyre on the rear. How did they compare to the Batt rear in the wet?
    Sorry, I've only ever used sport touring / commuting tyres.
    I can tell you that they were almost the same as the Dunlop road smart 2 tyres in the wet.

Bike
    Suzuki B-King - 1300
    Region
    Gauteng

I have the Dunlop Roadsmart III currently on the rear and it is the worst tyre I've ever had on.

It even wheel spins in the dry when i launch hard (even if the tyre is warm). I usually get about 9500km on PR5 and this thing has done 10500 and Still looks good.

Wont try them again although they seem to have started gripping more when they got older. Makes no sense though. It doesnt wheel spin anymore ever since it had about 5000km on them...

Name:  IMG_20200203_111224.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  36.2 KB

Bike
    BMW R Nine T
    Region
    Gauteng

The road smart 2's were not bad in the wet, nor where they great. I remember I really didn't like them in the dry. Had the bike rear wheel slide when cornering hard a few times, and that was with a little Kawasaki ER6N.

That was a few years back, and I wasn't yet a competent rider, so maybe now that I know beter they won't be so bad? Who knows.

I think sometimes you form a emotional bond with a certain tyre and then either love or hate it.

Bike
    Suzuki B-King - 1300
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoe View Post
    The road smart 2's were not bad in the wet, nor where they great. I remember I really didn't like them in the dry. Had the bike rear wheel slide when cornering hard a few times, and that was with a little Kawasaki ER6N.

That was a few years back, and I wasn't yet a competent rider, so maybe now that I know beter they won't be so bad? Who knows.

I think sometimes you form a emotional bond with a certain tyre and then either love or hate it.
    Don't think it has anything to do with competency. I have a heavy bike and when I hit a corner it sometimes start to drift... Think th compound is just too hard. I wanted to buy the batt tyres but was worried that it was kinda a local brand and the dunlops came in at the same price so decided to go for a better known brand.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

You've done well squire!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoe View Post
    Hi Ntjamme,

Sure here's my answers to your questions:
    1. 1170cc
    2. 190/50/R-17
    3. I could have run another rear tyre with the old front tyre.
    4. If I understand you correct, comparing the two would be like this: Batts are R2800 for a combo, RP5 (RP4's are discontinued) are R3800. I got 14 000km's from the Batts and previously got 20 000km's from the RP4's. You can do the math from here.
    5. I got just over 14 000km's from the Batts, but according to Bruce from Bike tyre warehouse most people get about 19 000km's. Previously I got about 20 000km's from the RP4's.

Bonus question: Yes the Batts didn't inspire confidence on wet roads, and because I commute on my bike everyday, I rather spend the extra R1000, for those wet days. Other than the wet performance the Batts are great tyres for commuting.

Hope that answered your questions.

Kind regards,
    Kristoe
    Two wheels not for the faint hearted in Jozi! ​