Thread: You cant say Happiness with out saying trackdays

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

Default You cant say Happiness with out saying trackdays

So I learnt more from my first track day riding with an instructor's help, than I did riding into things in my first two years on the road. I was young, dumb and full of . . .

So the track is still somewhere I love to get a full connection with my bike, learn more and refresh my skills. There are a few tracks that have 1 open day a month with instructors to teach you. We last ran to Zwartkops, and had a real ball riding bikes the way they were built to be ridden. You will learn more about how to control your bike and the correct feeling you should be getting during apexing a corner in regards to braking into the corner, controlling neutral throttle and acceleration out of the corner.

If you want to learn how to propperly control your motorcycle come ride at a track school or open day.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hobbes; 15-01-2019 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Speeling adn gramer
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    Honda CRF250R & CBR600RR Trackbike & GTR1400
    Region
    Gauteng

I couldn't agree more.

We have such great facilities in Gauteng. Another option is redstar raceway. It is a great place to get exposed to track days. They have trackdays almost every weekend and some weekdays. I think allot of people think you need a sports bike, tyre warmers, full leathers etc. to do trackdays but at redstar I see plenty of "normal" bikes and the people have a blast. In C group you can ride anything and as long as you have protective gear then you can go for it.

Redstar is a great place to learn, check their schedule, pitch-up in the morning, fill the form, pay the money, do riders briefing and follow the instructor around the track. By the afternoon you will think you are Rossi. You can also rent a CBR600 at RedStar for the day.

But be warned - once this bug bites you you will be hooked.

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

Very good point, Most people i invite to a track day want to know what they need, Slick tires? Stands? warmers?
    This is not the case, Sure they make track life a lot easier if your super serious about stuff, but i mean my first track day was life changing on my Super fast race bike "Pepper".
    FB_IMG_1531378597201.jpg
    So don't worry what bike or what level you are at in your riding, in the Words of Clinton Pienaar from SuperBike mag, "You will get more respect, then a guy who rocks up on a brand new 1000cc track kitted bike, because your there trying to improve your riding skills." Make sure your bike is roadworthy and has nothing funny so it gets through scrutineer "checking nothing is leaking or falling off" in other words roadworthy, and make sure you are fully covered. ATGATT, no skin showing, most tracks will accept Jeans for D and C, but rather get the best gear you can, Gloves helmet, jacket, riding pants or easyovers and ankle protective boots, not just because of the track, do you really want to be on a bike showing skin, Gear might be warm, But the Tar Is alot warmer.

that's what track days are all about and wait till you learn about track family, every one there is there to ride, helpful friendly people who will do more then most to help you just ride, learn and have fun.
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR 600
    Region
    Gauteng

Thank you for this thread, it’s very insightful for a noob like myself. I will definitely attend a RSR track day once I have transported my bike from the EC to Gauteng.

How is the riding pace for group D and how many laps?

Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Digler View Post
    ...I will definitely attend a RSR track day once I have transported my bike from the EC to Gauteng...
    Ride it

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR 600
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by colyvon View Post
    Ride it
    I do not have the confidence and skills yet to ride 1100km. I think going to the track will improve my riding.
    Don't blame it on the sunshine, Don't blame it on the moonlight, Don't blame it on good times...Blame it on the boogie

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Thank you for this thread, it’s very insightful for a noob like myself. I will definitely attend a RSR track day once I have transported my bike from the EC to Gauteng.

How is the riding pace for group D and how many laps?
    RSR normally have A, B and C groups. In C you go at your own pace. 6 sessions for the day @20mins each. Three in the morning and 3 after lunch.

I ussually go once or twice a month. Send me a pm if you ready to go. If our days line up I will be happy to show you around.

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR 600
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by KNOT View Post
    RSR normally have A, B and C groups. In C you go at your own pace. 6 sessions for the day @20mins each. Three in the morning and 3 after lunch.

I ussually go once or twice a month. Send me a pm if you ready to go. If our days line up I will be happy to show you around.
    Thanks for the info bud, I will pm you when my bike arrives.

Do you tow or ride your bike to the track?
    Don't blame it on the sunshine, Don't blame it on the moonlight, Don't blame it on good times...Blame it on the boogie

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

I do not have the confidence and skills yet to ride 1100km. I think going to the track will improve my riding.
    I'll ride it for you. Open road is always fun, even on a 170cc scoot!!!!
    Let me know if it needs to be riden up

Sent from my using Tapatalk
    Two wheels not for the faint hearted in Jozi! ​

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Do you tow or ride your bike to the track?
    I have a bike that I only use for the track so I use a trailer. Once the bug bites you and you really start getting stuck into it it is better to have a dedicated bike.

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR 600
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Ntjamme View Post
    I'll ride it for you. Open road is always fun, even on a 170cc scoot!!!!
    Let me know if it needs to be riden up

Sent from my using Tapatalk
    I will consider your offer