Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ride armed?

Biker
    Bike
    Honda CRF250R & CBR600RR Trackbike & GTR1400
    Region
    Gauteng

I'm with WBro. I would carry on long road trips. When broken down next to the road I will make sure I have quick access and any one approaching will be treated as a suspected criminal. I agree in some situations being armed is useless, like waking up at night in bed with a gun in your face, however, very effective if you see or know a criminal is coming. I have no doubt that it gives you the upper hand and you can fire warning shots. Many examples of these situations. Is does come with great responsibility though.

"The Coach"

Bike
    BMW R1200GS LC
    Region
    Gauteng

+100
    "There are Old Bikers and there are Bold Bikers, but not a hell of a lot of Old Bold Bikers"
    Coachman

Bike
    Honda NC750X DCT
    Region
    Gauteng

@ Road Rage

In Post #12 you say: "Life is inherently dangerous …. I wear ATGATT and I carry a gun to even the odds."
    You also said: "
    PS. AMZ's example of his crash and his musket being separated from him is silly......nowdays we have fancy holsters and stuff and don't have to shove the guns in the waste band of our tracksuit pants "

Could you share where and how you carry your firearm while riding? Pictures?
    Also, you mention training is vital - I agree! But could you maybe talk more about which hand you use to draw your firearm while riding your bike, and roughly hao long it takes for you to discharge your first shot?

I have thought about this a great deal, and the above factors, together with the fact that I am not allowed to take my firearm to work (they don't even offer the option to keep it at Security) has led my decision not to carry my Glock 19 while riding. But seeing that you ride with ATGATT, and you ALWAYS carry your firearm, I'd like to know how you do it - maybe I can adopt the same methods.

If there is anyone else out there who also ride with ATGATT and ride packing, please share your secrets?

Bike
    Horizontal Honda NC700x
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Diakonos View Post
    @ Road Rage

In Post #12 you say: "Life is inherently dangerous …. I wear ATGATT and I carry a gun to even the odds."
    You also said: "
    PS. AMZ's example of his crash and his musket being separated from him is silly......nowdays we have fancy holsters and stuff and don't have to shove the guns in the waste band of our tracksuit pants "

Could you share where and how you carry your firearm while riding? Pictures?
    Also, you mention training is vital - I agree! But could you maybe talk more about which hand you use to draw your firearm while riding your bike, and roughly hao long it takes for you to discharge your first shot?

I have thought about this a great deal, and the above factors, together with the fact that I am not allowed to take my firearm to work (they don't even offer the option to keep it at Security) has led my decision not to carry my Glock 19 while riding. But seeing that you ride with ATGATT, and you ALWAYS carry your firearm, I'd like to know how you do it - maybe I can adopt the same methods.

If there is anyone else out there who also ride with ATGATT and ride packing, please share your secrets?
    There is an easy way - Use a shoulder holster if you need to conceal the gun under atgatt, that way no-one will see it. You cant get it out fast with the jacket zipped, but in a situation that you can foresee, you could in time. Besides, I prefer non-lethal, like a nice long stainless steel bar hidden under the arm on my waistcoat. Quick draw and its over in seconds with no one dead and if you loose it - get another one. Believe me that thing breaks bones when someone tries to block it with their arm. After a gun has been fired at someone (don't use warning shots - its a legal nightmare of he said, she said) in a public place you will be charged with culpable homicide and then there are witnesses, conflicting stories, blah blah. So, unless you reaaaaallllly have to carry, do so. Otherwise its not worth it because its a pain, people don't like it, you may have it taken from you, you may loose your license, bike accident - stolen from you,etc. So, tried concealed gun carry on a bike - not worth it.