Thread: 2 bikers down 12.11.18 in Tulisa Park JHB

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Region
    Gauteng

Default 2 bikers down 12.11.18 in Tulisa Park JHB

Hi everybody,

I was one of 2 bikers who fell victim to a motorist who entered an intersection against red traffic lights and colliding into both of us.

The accident happened at +/- 06h30 on 12 November 2018 at the intersection of Heidelberg Road (M31) and South Rand Road (M46), Tulisa Park, Johannesburg.

Myself on a blue 2018 Yahama MT-09 Tracer and a fellow rider on a BMW 1200 GS were stationery at the robot on Heidelberg Road going towards JHB from Alberton. When the lights turned green, we proceeded slowly to cross South Rand Road, when the motorist driving a charcoal coloured Hyundai i10 vehicle (Reg No: BY17WZGP) approached from our right (traveling on South Rand Road from Rand Airport side in the direction of Steeledale) and collided into both of us inside the intersection.

Our bikes are write-offs. I spent 3 days in hospital and was discharged last night following a foot operation.

If anybody on this forum saw or knows of the collision, please get in touch.

Kind regards

Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

Sorry to hear, trust you have a speedy recovery.

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Eish!!! Glad you are here to write this! The bike can be replaced!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Biker
    Bike
    Triumph Street Triple
    Region
    Gauteng

That's very unfortunate. Please take care.

Are you looking for witnesses or did the driver flee?

An apathetic or arrogant attitude would be something else.

Bike
    Triumph Street Triple 765 RS
    Region
    Gauteng

Eish, glad you both are okay!

Biker

Bike
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    Region
    Gauteng

Damn man, sorry to hear!

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha SR 250
    Region
    Gauteng

Glad you ok bud. That's hectic.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi all, thanks for the well wishes. I am still recovering at home, but it has given me the opportunity to deal with the medical insurance and the bike insurance. To respond to rnm1: the motorist attempted to drive away from the scene of the collision, but she was stopped by other motorists about 150m further along South Rand Road. There is an eyewitness. It would be nice if the SAPS who visited me at the hospital accompanied by JMPD would contact me and keep me informed about what they intend doing with the unlawful actions of the motorist... I'm not holding my breath though, because we live in a country where lawlessness is at the order of the day.

Biker
    Bike
    Triumph Street Triple
    Region
    Gauteng

Good to know you're doing better.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Bloufieterjoel View Post
    Hi all, thanks for the well wishes. I am still recovering at home, but it has given me the opportunity to deal with the medical insurance and the bike insurance. To respond to rnm1: the motorist attempted to drive away from the scene of the collision, but she was stopped by other motorists about 150m further along South Rand Road. There is an eyewitness. It would be nice if the SAPS who visited me at the hospital accompanied by JMPD would contact me and keep me informed about what they intend doing with the unlawful actions of the motorist... I'm not holding my breath though, because we live in a country where lawlessness is at the order of the day.
    Glad you are getting better.

Although you will not agree as you were on the receiving end, the SAPS do not have the resources to put into a vehicle accident, unless someone died. They don't now and never did. If SAPS had to spend personal time on every vehicle accident they would have to beef their resources by a factor of 10, at least.

My advise, unasked for I know, is forget about the driver of the other vehicle. What is important is that you heal up properly and that the insurance sorts your bike.

Biker

Bike
    Suzuki GW 250
    Region
    Gauteng

Glad you're okay!!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery and that all the insurance stuff is sorted out quickly.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    ninja 250r - sold :( NC700x :D
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Glad you are getting better.

Although you will not agree as you were on the receiving end, the SAPS do not have the resources to put into a vehicle accident, unless someone died. They don't now and never did. If SAPS had to spend personal time on every vehicle accident they would have to beef their resources by a factor of 10, at least.

My advise, unasked for I know, is forget about the driver of the other vehicle. What is important is that you heal up properly and that the insurance sorts your bike.
    SAPS haven more resources than they display, they just squander them and many people resources of theirs have a lazy terrible attitude like most people these days.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    SAPS haven more resources than they display, they just squander them and many people resources of theirs have a lazy terrible attitude like most people these days.
    Can't agree.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Can't agree.
    that's the great thing about opinions they can be very different...not saying every cop is bad, but imo there is major apathy and corruption. when cops use blue lights and sirens to skip traffic and you find them sitting at the kfc, or drinking in parking lots on duty etc etc it is hard to think otherwise

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    that's the great thing about opinions they can be very different...not saying every cop is bad, but imo there is major apathy and corruption. when cops use blue lights and sirens to skip traffic and you find them sitting at the kfc, or drinking in parking lots on duty etc etc it is hard to think otherwise
    Indeed. The very good thing about opinions. The negative is they could be misunderstood as I did not refer to, in any way, to what you are referring to here. Even if every resource in the SAPS currently were 100%, they would still not have the resources to follow up, investigate and create a case file that a prosecutor can use to decide on the way forward on every single motor vehicle accident that happens. It is about priorities.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Indeed. The very good thing about opinions. The negative is they could be misunderstood as I did not refer to, in any way, to what you are referring to here. Even if every resource in the SAPS currently were 100%, they would still not have the resources to follow up, investigate and create a case file that a prosecutor can use to decide on the way forward on every single motor vehicle accident that happens. It is about priorities.
    the priority is kfc

Bike
    Honda NC750x DCT
    Region
    Gauteng

The fact that you have the licence plate numbers is a good place to start. Is there nowhere or no way or no one you can follow up with?

Using the plate numbers you can help the cops to help you.

Depending on what outcome you want if/when you find the (ir)responsible person.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Slip_Stream View Post
    The fact that you have the licence plate numbers is a good place to start. Is there nowhere or no way or no one you can follow up with?

Using the plate numbers you can help the cops to help you.

Depending on what outcome you want if/when you find the (ir)responsible person.
    My personal believe, based on experience is to leave this in the hands of your insurance. It is part of what you pay them for.