Thread: Long delay in getting License Cards

Bike
    Honda NC750X DCT
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Long delay in getting License Cards

So, I went to Kempton Park again yesterday to fetch my license after having passed the test on the 27th of July 2018. The usual waiting period is eight weeks, but there had apparently been some upgrades done at the card printing facility, and there is a delay now. My card was still not there yesterday, and the official said for me to try again in four weeks.

Is this a national delay, or only in Gauteng (or even only in Kempton Park!!?)?

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi it seems that the people who prints the drivers license cards was on strike in September. I am trying to figure out if the strike is still ongoing as I have now been waiting three months for my drivers license card. You can sms you ID number to 33214 and get an status update on your drivers license card.

https://www.wheels24.co.za/News/Industry_News/national-strike-action-delays-issuing-of-driving-licence-cards-department-of-transport-2018090

Bike
    Honda NC750X DCT
    Region
    Gauteng

Cool! Thanks for the advice - I'll certainly take it up - much better than going to Kempton each time, just to stand in the queues and then get turned away. Again. And again. And again...