Thread: M2 Mooi Street off-ramp

Hooligan Biker

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Region
    Gauteng

Default M2 Mooi Street off-ramp

I just want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to a fellow rider that I hooked up with and chatted to at the T-junction of Dennis Street (bottom end of the Mooi Street offramp off the M2) and Wemmer Pan Road whilst waiting for the lights to turn green. He was on a yellow Kawa and was en route to Springs. You most likely saved my life when you threw up your hand for me to stop when a bastard motorist jumped the red robot at high speed moments after the robot went green for us. If you are a member here and read this, my heartfelt thanks to you, not only from me, but also from my wife and children who were spared the traumatic consequences of what is likely to have happened if not for you.

To other fellow riders using that route: Please be careful at that T-junction. Wait 2 seconds after the green lights before you make your turns there.

Biker
    Bike
    Honda NC 700
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Awesome stuff from the other guy, and solid advice about waiting! Time and again we see people skipping red robots, but we don't take those near misses as warnings!

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Hooligan Biker

Bike
    BMW R1200 GSA LC
    Region
    Gauteng

That is solid advice.

I usually watch the traffic and try and spot the jumpers before I start moving. Happens quite a bit on the N4 entrance to Pretoria. Not that it helps but I try and keep a cage between me and the impact side.

Biker
    Bike
    Twister, Wee-Strom
    Region
    Western Cape

Good advice for any intersection.