Thread: Which Summer/Hot weather jacket

Bike
    BMW F800GS Adventure
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Which Summer/Hot weather jacket

Hi guys.

So my Tourmaster boulder 3 peice is really at the end now. The velcro has almost no cling, the zips are all almost broken, or on their way out.
    It's was a great all rounder so I'm looking to replace it.

Since a I have a BMW leather jacket and Xculcha easy overs that work in winter, I was thinking maybe of getting a summer/touring jacket.
    Lots of brands that I'm not familiar with like Berik, Nexo, FROX and expecto.

What would you recommend and where. I'm coming from the Vaal so Joburg is my closest "main" centre.

No more full throttle or moskeys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We tried nothing, and we are all out of ideashttps://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/266184.png

Biker

Bike
    Honda NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

I got an alpinestars luc air, it's pretty great at letting the air straight through

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Versys 650
    Region
    Free State

Quote Originally Posted by boanergesza1 View Post
    Hi guys.

So my Tourmaster boulder 3 peice is really at the end now. The velcro has almost no cling, the zips are all almost broken, or on their way out.
    It's was a great all rounder so I'm looking to replace it.

Since a I have a BMW leather jacket and Xculcha easy overs that work in winter, I was thinking maybe of getting a summer/touring jacket.
    Lots of brands that I'm not familiar with like Berik, Nexo, FROX and expecto.

What would you recommend and where. I'm coming from the Vaal so Joburg is my closest "main" centre.

No more full throttle or moskeys

Where in the Vaal?
    I picked up a nexo in Vereeniging the other day that isnít bad. It has the winter inner and the rain inner all of which are removable.

Rub some dirt on it, it will stop bleeding eventually

Bike
    BMW F800GS Adventure
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Medres View Post
    Where in the Vaal?
    I picked up a nexo in Vereeniging the other day that isnít bad. It has the winter inner and the rain inner all of which are removable.

Rub some dirt on it, it will stop bleeding eventually
    I browsed Justbiking and also saw the Nexo, looked good, but they didn't have my size, was at Yamaha/Honda and there was a second hand Berik.

Dirt, stop bleeding....Saywhatnow

We tried nothing, and we are all out of ideashttps://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/266184.png

Bike
    Versys 650
    Region
    Free State

Parys also has a place, MAC Jackets, last time I browsed there they had previously owned jackets that looked in good nick and at very good prices.
    The leather shop in River square also had a few but sizes were a problem.
    Jelmic and Vaal triangle also have a selection of goodies.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

If you have a winter jacket, go for a full purpose summer jacket, i.e. lots of airflow straight through, not just zippers with airvents.

Bike
    Honda NC750X DCT
    Region
    Gauteng

I got an awesome summer-only jacket at Harley Davidson in Pretoria. It has their "Screamin Eagle" logo, but quite understated and clean.
    Mesh jacket with just enough pockets, and decent armor - shoulders, elbows and back. It is VERY airy - in fact, I have had to pull a sivvy jacket over it once or twice on the cold mornings because of all the airflow this jacket provides.
    Commuting in summer just got cooler!
    Paid around R4000 for the jacket and all the armor pads.

Bike
    BMW F800GS Adventure
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks for everybodys suggestions.

I ended up buying a spirit explorer. Im very happy with it, it.works very well. And I suspect I wil be able to use almost into winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Triumph Street Triple 765 RS
    Region
    Gauteng

Just chiming in, i got a Nexo mesh jacket at their store in Rivonia for about R1200.
    Quality is so-so, got a couple random threads popping out around the armpit area.