Thread: Midrand licensing department hours

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Midrand licensing department hours

Hi
    Does anybody know if the Midrand Licensing department is open on Saturdays? I am getting conflicting info on this and they are not answering the phone numbers listed at all.
    I just applied on the new online system for my learners license. With the new system after making the pre-booking online you have to go and apply plus pay for the booking with in 3-4 days or your pre-booking is forfeited. My booking expires this Saterday and I just want to find out if they are open or not.

If you love your vehicle it will love you back.

Biker
    Bike
    Harley Sportster XL1200C
    Region
    Gauteng

A couple of months back, they did open on Saturdays (don't know if that has changed)

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    BMW R1150R
    Region
    Western Cape

Would Google Maps street view help? Go to the address of the licensing offices and see if there's a public notice displayed within sight of the road.
    Unhappily, if such a sign is visible, it won't be yesterdays image so there's still some guesswork involved. Also policy can change overnight.

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by david h View Post
    Would Google Maps street view help? Go to the address of the licensing offices and see if there's a public notice displayed within sight of the road.
    Unhappily, if such a sign is visible, it won't be yesterdays image so there's still some guesswork involved. Also policy can change overnight.
    Thank you for the idea. I just checked but the sign is blurred. I will just have to go tomorrow and see what happens. I should have gotten my license proper already years ago instead just getting a learners.

Last edited by CHouse; 12-10-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Adding quote

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by vinayv View Post
    A couple of months back, they did open on Saturdays (don't know if that has changed)
    Thank you for the info I will see tomorrow. I will update after tomorrow maybe it can help somebody else.

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

I can now confirm that they are indeed on Saturdays open. I got two different answers from them for until when, the one guy said o'clock and the other said pm.