Thread: New Biker Alert

Lurker
    Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Western Cape

Cool New Biker Alert

Hi, Im Rider25. Im completely new to the two wheeled motor world. I am in need of transport to and from work. I am yet to purchase my first Bike. I am looking for something in the 250cc range.. Something that can handle the highway (not necessarily constantly), but also light on fuel. Any Recommendations?

Biker
    Bike
    Honda NC 700
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Hi and welcome... I know you said you were after a 250, but do yourself a favour and read up on the Honda NC 700 or NC 750. They're really economical ; I get upwards of 25km per litre, and they're not too slow which is great for the highways, but also don't have that much power that you feel it's going to throw you off.

Where the tank is meant to be is a handy storage compartment big enough to fit a XL full face helmet, and the actual tank is situated under the two seats, which in turn causes the bike to be more nimble due to the lower centre of gravity...

Give it a look.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

The Crew East Rand MC

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Region
    Gauteng

Honda CBR 250 which I saw for sale at Fire It Up for about R25k

Sent from my X9 Mini using Tapatalk

Bike
    BMW
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Hi Welcome to the TB Forum.

Note: there is a whole world relating to the 250 Twister in this forum. Strong bikes and worth a look.
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or any other sane human

Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha SR 250
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome, I too am a 250cc rider. I have a Yamaha SR 250. Nice bike but not great on the highways. Look at the CBX or the CBR 250 range, nice bikes.

Hooligan Biker

Bike
    Suzuki GW 250
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome! I ride a Suzuki Inazuma 250cc. I love her to bits.

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda NC750x & Honda NC750xd
    Region
    Free State

I've got both a Twister and an NC750x. Use both of them. Love them both. NC however gives better milage on highway than the Twister. Twister beats the NC in town, but not by much.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Bike
    Honda NC750X DCT
    Region
    Western Cape

Agree 100% with @KarelNC - I've been riding my NC750X_DCT since Feb this year and have recently done the 12'000 service. It rides so well. Having the option to accelerate away from motorists (cagers) on highway if needs be, is great. Something a 250 may not do all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by KarelNC View Post
    Hi and welcome... I know you said you were after a 250, but do yourself a favour and read up on the Honda NC 700 or NC 750. They're really economical ; I get upwards of 25km per litre, and they're not too slow which is great for the highways, but also don't have that much power that you feel it's going to throw you off.

Where the tank is meant to be is a handy storage compartment big enough to fit a XL full face helmet, and the actual tank is situated under the two seats, which in turn causes the bike to be more nimble due to the lower centre of gravity...

Give it a look.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Honda CBR250 R
    Region
    Western Cape

I ride a CBR 250R and it can do well over the speed limit on the highway so a good buy if you are wanting it for that but I do think it depends also on your height and weight. If you are tall or big a bigger bike will definitely be better for you but if you are shorter and lighter it will be perfect for you good luck with your ventures into the 2 wheel world you won't regret it
    "What's worth the prize is always worth the fight" Nickelback

Lurker
    Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Western Cape

Thanks for the advice guys. I've still got a lot of shopping to do. I will have a look at all suggestions.. I want to make a proper purchase, rather than to rush and end up with regret.