Thread: Teddy Request for learners at Driehoek

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Teddy Request for learners at Driehoek

Hi all. Have received a request for donations of 'large' teddy bears to assist the learners from Driehoek with their healing process. Drop off in JHB is at Ghost Squad, Cnr Republic and Stamvrug, Moret, Randburg.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi, many thanks. We donated 165 Large teddies from the motor cycle community on Friday. Albeit, the donation was anonymous, as the attention and focus I believe should be on the children, their families and the teachers of the school.

The additional teddies are for children who will be undergoing psychological assistance - and will be given to the various qualified medical professionals and social workers, who have offered their services free of charge to help the families. I will account for all teddy bears handed over.

Attached are photos of the teddy bears at the church on Friday where a Child Psychologist - spoke to the children and their families.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Well done Shirley!!!! You can always be counted on, as can Bikers!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks Mark, it is a small gesture, during what is a very difficult time for many families in The Vaal Triangle.

The psychologists recommended the teddies as a sort of comfort blanket as many of the children are in their teens and they were encouraged to use the teddy to talk to, cry to, display their anger, hopefully we will not find many decapitated or legless teddies

I gave all the teddy bears I had, and was asked by the lady who co-ordinates the donation between myself and the various social workers, medical practitioners etc., if there was anyway we can assist with the collection of another 150 teddy bears. Hence the request.

Any contribution will be most welcome, alternatively the Golden Chamber of Commerce, has set up a crowd funding initiative to assist the school with urgently needed funds. I can post the information on here as well, if required.

Thanks All.
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him