Thread: Just stopping by to say Hi

Lurker
    Bike
    Kawasaki Z650 ABS 2017
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Just stopping by to say Hi

Hi All,

Stumbled across this forum while busy searching for reviews on motorcycle insurance since I got my full license this week and can't get in touch to the right people to update my policy

As a result I'm looking around for the right insurance for me which I'm learning isn't so simple (or I'm just very fussy).

Naturally I couldn't help myself and started exploring various threads on the forum and decided to do the polite thing and say hi.

I currently own a Kawasaki KX 125 2004 and a Kawasaki Z650 2017 which I find to be plenty fun but obviously there is plans to get myself another, thinking between a BMW S1000R and a Kawasaki Z1000, but as of late I'm leaning more to the Z1000 (Kawasaki Fan Boy?)

So that's me

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome! Hope you have many save and enjoyable miles on the bikes.

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda & Yamaha (project)
    Region
    Free State

Welcome.
    With insurance you might try Stranger on paul@qebrokers.co.za

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Biker
    Bike
    BMW F800GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome

Lurker
    Bike
    Kawasaki Z650 ABS 2017
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks guys for the welcome

Thanks Scorpius, will definitely reach out to him.

Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Region
    Gauteng

Howzit! Quick question: Hows the Z650 for a beginner bike for a short girl. My wife's on the lookout.

Lurker
    Bike
    Kawasaki Z650 ABS 2017
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Bloufieterjoel View Post
    Howzit! Quick question: Hows the Z650 for a beginner bike for a short girl. My wife's on the lookout.
    I think it's a great bike, the seating position is quite abit lower, for example, my mate has an mt-07 and he's a short guy to the point where he tip toes his bike, when he's on mine he is flat foot so for short rides the standard seating position is great and is actually quite comfortable because (or atleast for me) I feel like I'm in a more natural seating position.

The bike also is quite small so using it as a daily commute and lane splitting is great but still have good power and pull off is good.

Maneuvering is also very easy due to its size and weight, in fact I did my license last week with it and it was great.

Even though it's a small 650 parallel twin, it's still very exciting to ride as well.

It does however tend to have some vibration at about 140 and up.

The two things I don't like about it is the side mirrors and the exhaust, I don't quite like the exhaust tone but at the higher rev range it sounds good but lower down not so much.

Also having a passanger on the Z650 is horrible, actually the whole z range should actually lose the pasanger seat, I've given a lift on my z650, I've sat on the Z1000 and can feel the pasanger wouldn't be a good idea and I've been a passanger on the z800.

I really enjoy my z650 to the point that I actually want to buy the Z1000R without selling the Z650.

I'm also a small person at 1.73m and 65kgs

Biker

Bike
    Suzuki GW 250
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome! Safe travels!