Thread: Parys

Bike
    Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade
    Region
    North West

Default Parys

Good day ALL

Any one going to Parys this week end? 25th or 26th AUG 2018.... My 1st real cruse / trip. I am riding from Klerksdorp through Potch then on to Parys. Gonna spend the evening there and then back on the Sunday. If there is anyone, please let me know, maybe meet up for a coke / Beer / water / Coffee.... Whatever you fancy!

Safe travels!
    A way of life

Bike
    Versys 650
    Region
    Free State

Just done the reverse of this trip earlier this month. Road looks good and was a great little ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Region
    North West

Quote Originally Posted by Medres View Post
    Just done the reverse of this trip earlier this month. Road looks good and was a great little ride

Great stuff. So it's going to be a nice ride there and back.
    What part of FS are you from?
    A way of life

Bike
    Versys 650
    Region
    Free State

Default Parys

Sasolburg and I’m an ex klerkies boy too

Bike
    Region
    North West

From KLD, cool. Pitty you still not there. Could have had a cold one at some point.

Just feedback on the trip to Parys. If I may!

Trip started out just after 10Am Sat morning 25th Aug 2018. Man was the wind blowing by now! But I wasn't about to stub out this idea. We turned onto the N12 to Potch after filling the tank and set our sights on the road ahead. I decided to avg about 110km/h most of the way. Bike leaning 10DEG left all the way as the wind was buffering from left to right. At first I was nervous for my wife blowing away! Coming into Potch we looked for a nice brekkie spot. Spur seemed to be the place to go at the mall. We ate and chatted about the trip to Potch. Sights set on the next leg, we set off for Parys. We traveled about 30KM or so and I thought, Lets stop and have a drink of some fizzy stuff and let my wife stretch her legs. Had a few toots from trucks while we drank our cold drink and chatted about the trip so far. All smiles and rested legs, we continued our journey. We came into Parys and stopped to get the GPS running to find the guest house. On the side of the RD we seen 2 bikers coming into town. Said hi and found the guest house on the GPS and took off again. We reached our guest house easily and set all our stuff down so we could go and explore the town. Man this place is nifty, many many watering holes and places to fill the old pie hole. We decided to have a wet one at all the different pubs along the "Strip" as what we decided to call it. At about 4pm we were done and headed back to the room.
    Sunday had a completely different vibe! I didn't think that this many bikes came into town! WOW. I was gobbed smacked.
    I felt so small in a huge ocean of bikes. Bussas and GS1200's seems to be very popular bikes with many bikers. Seen a club having breakfast along with other groups of people just chilling and having a good time with each others company. We had a huge buffet breakfast and an even larger Cappuccino. While eating and chatting, even more bikes were coming in. By this time I'm like a big kid in a sweetie shop. Just staring at all this shiny metal! After breakfast we set our sights on home.
    Wind still blowing I'm thinking, "just push through no stops". 1/4 way out of town, we pass another huge group of bikers, looked about 15-20 at least. Saying Hi to all those bikers while driving and balancing against wind is a small challenge. Man was I now really impressed at the amount of bikes going into Parys. A short while later, guess what? Even MORE bikes going to Parys.
    Decided to take a short break as the wind was buffering now, like Mike Tyson kept hitting my helmet on the right every 3-4 seconds. Even my wife started getting a sore neck. Wasn't long now and the last straight to home was in sight.

All in all, What an experience. Like I said this was my first trip like this. And for sure ain't gonna be my last. Thanks for all the hellos from fellow bikers. Respect to you all! (Even if you guys are not apart of this forum). Feeling the brotherhood first hand on the open road moves ones soul in a way that not everyone is lucky enough to feel. I am privileged to be apart of something bigger than most things.
    If you have as yet not taken the trip to Parys, do yourself a favor, put this on your bucket list. Its' not a massive town, but the town leaves something in you that will make you want to go back. I'm sure there are a few people here that know this feeling about some place they have visited before.

Safe Riding!
    A way of life

Bike
    2015 KTM Duke 390
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks for the write-up, sounded like fun!
    Definitely need to do a roadtrip that way sometime.