Bike
    Motomia
    Region
    Western Cape

Default +1 To the forum

Hey, My names Ibraaheem
    I'm from Worcester, reside in CPT
    Currently studying Computer Science

The idea of owning my own motorbike has been brewing on my mind for years now but kept getting shot down by family when brought up, I'm sure some can relate. So this year, a day after my birthday I came across a gumtree ad for a bike, with a price I could realistically afford without having to eat 2min noodles for the rest of the year because I spent all my money on a bike. Contacted the seller and the next day, I was the proud owner of a Motomia Spitzer.

A friend who rides as well rode the bike to make sure its all good and he gave the thumbs up. He offered to teach me to ride and I took him up on the offer. The next morning we start with the first lesson, as its my first time riding he explains clutch control and we practice that. I mean i've watched enough hours of youtube tutorials to be a pro theory rider, i felt over confident and took off in first gear. A few meters down the road and I end up on the ground with my bike under a parked car. My first actual day of owning a bike and i crashed it and having to pay for damages to another students car, knowing it could easily have been prevented if I was a bit more patient.

This expensive mistake is what brings me to the forum. I plan on attending professional lessons, no offence to my friend he is a good rider I just want to learn to ride in better suited environment. I look forward to fixing my bike and spending many hours on the forum.

Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome Ibraaheem. Sorry to hear of your mishap, totally agree with going the professional route. Keep it safe out there.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Training is always better done by professional training group. Rather go that route.

Biker
    Bike
    Honda CBX250 Twister
    Region
    Western Cape

Welcome to the forum!
    Well done for taking the lesson from your mistake. Def go for the professional training

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome to the forum. Professional training is the way to go. Hope your bike isn't too badly bent!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!