Thread: New member, riding a ZX-6R while restoring cosmetics

Lurker
    Bike
    '00 ZX-6R
    Region
    Gauteng

Default New member, riding a ZX-6R while restoring cosmetics

I've been reading topics on this forum as a guest for a while, but registered recently. I bought a second hand 2000 ZX-6R in August 2017 and have been riding it with great joy!

My bike had a fair amount of cosmetic damage when I bought it, but in spite of the high km's, the engine seems sound and has been riding very well the last year and about 3000 km's - I simply love this bike! I've worked on it a bit, like replacing the levers, Angel GT tyres, full oil change, oil filter, performance air filter and brakes. After 2 different sets of indicators, I've ordered OEM indicators from overseas as they seem to be the only ones with mounts long enough to fit the fairings!
    I've reached the point where I can get to work on the broken front fender and replacing the tubing and some electrics after rebuilding the carbs. I've been looking very hard online for places to source a fairing kit for the bike, but ordering from China seems to be the cheapest option so far unfortunately. My soon-to-be brother-in-law suggested converting the bike to a full streetfighter look, but I like to preserve the original sporty look of the ZX-6R streetbike.
    Name:  20180730_091121.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  45.8 KBName:  20180730_091139.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  56.3 KB
    Name:  20180730_091130.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  52.4 KB

Bike
    2015 KTM Duke 390
    Region
    Gauteng

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay and ride safe!

Have you tried having a look at kickstartbikes? They have a branch in Sandton and Midrand/Centurion i believe.
    It looks like most of their stock is basically from Alibaba/Aliexpress so you might not even need to import it yourself (and wait XYZ months to get it).

Lurker
    Bike
    '00 ZX-6R
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Harvs View Post
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay and ride safe!

Have you tried having a look at kickstartbikes? They have a branch in Sandton and Midrand/Centurion i believe.
    It looks like most of their stock is basically from Alibaba/Aliexpress so you might not even need to import it yourself (and wait XYZ months to get it).
    Thank you Harvs
    I haven't heard of them before, but I'm on their website now and will have a look- thank you!

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    ninja 250r - sold :( NC700x :D
    Region
    Gauteng

war eagle will help you with what you need re the fairing, contact them they mould custom as well: http://www.wareagle.co.za/

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    war eagle will help you with what you need re the fairing, contact them they mould custom as well: http://www.wareagle.co.za/
    +1