Thread: Magaliessig, GP 12/07/2018

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    BMW R1150R
    Region
    Western Cape

Default Magaliessig, GP 12/07/2018

Just after 5pm on Thursday 12 July 2018, a rider (Male, age to be confirmed) was injured on the N1 north before William Nicol where he lost control of his motorcycle after hitting the concrete barrier and thrown over the barrier, into oncoming traffic.

It is unclear at this point if another vehicle was involved, or what exactly caused the rider to crash.
    Emer-G-Med responded to the incident and treated the injured rider on scene before transporting him to hospital.
    Source: Emer-G-Med

Not sitting in judgement here, but it highlights what AMZ and the more experienced members have for years been saying regarding suicide lane riding and the prospects of ending up in oncoming traffic.
    I'm in no way suggesting that was the case here, merely pointing out that it's not speculation; it can happen.

Regardless, strongs to the rider.

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Strongs to the Rider! Hope a lesson has been learned!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

N00b
    Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by david h View Post
    Just after 5pm on Thursday 12 July 2018, a rider (Male, age to be confirmed) was injured on the N1 north before William Nicol where he lost control of his motorcycle after hitting the concrete barrier and thrown over the barrier, into oncoming traffic.

It is unclear at this point if another vehicle was involved, or what exactly caused the rider to crash.
    Emer-G-Med responded to the incident and treated the injured rider on scene before transporting him to hospital.
    Source: Emer-G-Med

Not sitting in judgement here, but it highlights what AMZ and the more experienced members have for years been saying regarding suicide lane riding and the prospects of ending up in oncoming traffic.
    I'm in no way suggesting that was the case here, merely pointing out that it's not speculation; it can happen.

Regardless, strongs to the rider.
    I was told he was in the fast lane and someone changed lanes into him pushing him into the wall.

Not sure if this is true though.