Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hit and Run - Rivonia (Edenburg)

Bike
    Suzuki GSX 1340 B-King
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    There is no temporary reference. If a case is transferred to another jurisdiction, it will take a few days for a Case Number to be issued.

Just follow up regularly.
    Follow up with who? The place I reported it, or where it may have been sent?
    I'm quite sure in either instance, it would mean going to the actual police station, as they will not give this information out to a random person calling them?

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    ninja 250r - sold :( NC700x :D
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    There is no temporary reference. If a case is transferred to another jurisdiction, it will take a few days for a Case Number to be issued.

Just follow up regularly.
    weird, because i have gotten one before :/ how do you follow up with no reference?

Bike
    Suzuki GSX 1340 B-King
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    weird, because i have gotten one before :/ how do you follow up with no reference?
    I have no friggen idea...
    No feedback at all. Jadd is trying his best to get them to do something, but... Nothing...

Bike
    Suzuki GSX 1340 B-King
    Region
    Gauteng

Finally, after almost 3 weeks, we have had some action.
    Last week I went to the SAPS where the case was reported, and after a bit of a search, they found an AR number. But the docket had already been sent to Sandton SAPS. The following day phoned to enquire about it, but Sandton had no idea where the docket was, and was told to call back in 3 weeks, it should be in their post by then?
    So yesterday, received a call from a detective at Sandton SAPS, asking me to come give another written statement.
    Got there, and she told me they had spoken to the other person, who apparently didnt see me at all, and since it took me 100m to pull off the road, he assumed I was A-Okay and casually drove off, since I seemed to be fine... He does however want to know now what damages I have, so he can submit it to his insurance, he will pay for everything, no questions asked.
    But, it gets better...
    I missed a call earlier today, and when I got to my phone, I see its a family member of the driver, giving me details on the insurance case number, with which I now have to follow up on.
    Since when can the police just hand over all my details to this person?
    I still need to get my bike assessed at a shop to make sure there are no underlying issues I may have missed. But it was agreed I would give these details to the detective, to be submitted to the insurance company.
    With the right contacts this driver that sped away according to eye witnesses, now has my phone number, house address, work address, etc....

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    BMW S1000XR
    Region
    Gauteng

Pursue this as a hit and run.

A crime was committed against you and that F&*k gave 0 ****s.