Thread: Should I stick with the hyosung gt650r or move onto a jap 600c

Lurker
    Bike
    Hyosung gt650R Comet
    Region
    Gauteng

Comment Should I stick with the hyosung gt650r or move onto a jap 600c

Afternoon everybody, looking to get some advice.

I have a hyosung gt650r and have fallen in love with riding. The only only problem I've faced is that I've been riding for about 6 months now and it feels like I need to upgrade.Not to a 1000 but to an in-line 600 from one of the big jap names.

I've had no issues with the hyosung except a charging issue which was due to a battery with a dead cell other wise the bike has been performing perfectly. Have not experienced many of the issues where people are saying stay away from hyosung(the cluster is abit wonky switching on and off from time too time ). The bike is a 2005 model with 38k on the clocks .

But with many people saying stay away from hyosung should I sell before $#!t happens and if so what would be a fair price on it ? The bike has bar end mirrors, yosh slip on, hid xenon headlights,smoked wind screen and an upgraded regulator/rectifier since the ones on hyosung are supposedly horrible .

Or should I just stick with the bike for a little longer , get a couple more months of riding under my belt ?
    Name:  20180528_104120.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  96.1 KB

Az Dawg

Bike
    Tards and Tarts
    Region
    Western Cape

It'll be worth more in summer

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

I love my CBF600SA, has all the power I need to get and stick at 120kph, and when I need to overtake, she happily accelerates to 125kph in 6th gear.

Has a nice aftermarket zaust, and I've put 25k on the clock in the last 24 months without skipping a beat.

Sent from my ConeXis X1 using Tapatalk
    Two wheels not for the faint hearted in Jozi! ​

Lurker
    Bike
    Hyosung gt650R Comet
    Region
    Gauteng

@-Az- thanks for the heads up, so I'll keep her till then and there after reconsider.

@Ntjamme don't get me wrong I'm happy with how the bike performs and it sounds great with the yosh pipe but this is just a bad habit of mine where I want to keep upgrading till I find the "one" and
    Yes I know it sounds cheesy

I called AMZ a guuurl and survived! kamza's Avatar
    Bike
    Hysoung GT650R (sold) Project K6 Suzuki SV1000 (Sold) Jonway 250 cruiser, Suzuki SV650
    Region
    Gauteng

Also once owned a Hyo, great bike still miss it from time to time, have a SV650 now and am also fully in love with it.
    I would say keep the Hyo and buy an inline 600, the difference is major but you will miss the occasional ride on the V-twin if money aint a thing then get yourself another bike to add to your collection.
    seating position is what will throw you off other bikes the "'sit-in" position of the hyo is quite comfortable and most bikes you are either sitting above or over the the handle bars which is quite nerving untill you get used to it
    2 Timothy 1: 7For God has not given us the spirit of fear..

Lurker
    Bike
    Hyosung gt650R Comet
    Region
    Gauteng

@kamza I'd love to add another bike, starting a collection is "THE DREAM" but just out of reach for now . Think im going to keep the hyo for winter and maybe look at selling in summer but im in no rush to upgrade but the itch to do it is there. But thanks for the insight on how different the inline is going to be.