Thread: Bike & trailer temporary parking near Drakensville advice

Bike
    BMW R1200R ; Kawa Z550F ; Triumph Daytona SE (sold) ; BMW S1000R '47 Matchless being restored
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Default Bike & trailer temporary parking near Drakensville advice

Hi, could someone recommend a safe place near to Drakensville to temporarily park a bike on a trailer for a few days, near the end of May 2018?

Thanks in advance.
    Deena
    PS. Will also consider Harrismith or close by.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    ninja 250r - sold :( NC700x :D
    Region
    Gauteng

your best bet it probably a storage place, then you have cover and 24hr security.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Western Cape

If all else fails and they have space, the SAPS station closest to Drakensville?

Az Dawg

Bike
    Tards and Tarts
    Region
    Western Cape

Maybe the resort would be open to an arrangement? www.atkvresorts.co.za/Resorts/Drakensville

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by david h View Post
    If all else fails and they have space, the SAPS station closest to Drakensville?
    the last place i would trust my bike and trailer

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

What dates are you considering? I'm certain my parents wouldn't mind you keeping them there if it's not too long.
    Two wheels not for the faint hearted in Jozi! ​

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

They live in Harrismth.

Bike
    BMW R1200R ; Kawa Z550F ; Triumph Daytona SE (sold) ; BMW S1000R '47 Matchless being restored
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    your best bet it probably a storage place, then you have cover and 24hr security.
    Thanks for responding. Yes, I agree with you, but to find such a facility I think may be a challenge. I was hoping for someone on a private capacity. I think there's a response that may favour me. Thanks again.

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by -Az- View Post
    Maybe the resort would be open to an arrangement? www.atkvresorts.co.za/Resorts/Drakensville
    Hi Az, I'm going to be staying at this resort (participating in the Natal Classic Rally) from Thursday, 17th May to Sunday, 20th. I will get hold of the management and ask, but I don't think that they will be too keen. Thanks all the same for the suggestion.

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by Ntjamme View Post
    They live in Harrismth.
    Thanks Ntjamme, much appreciated for a possible solution. Possible dates will be from Monday, 14th May drop off, to Thursday, 17th May pick up. I am from Durban and need to go up to Pretoria on Monday, 14th May. I am participating in a classic bike rally on the 18th & 19th May in the Midlands. I am hoping to leave the bike close by, drive up to Pretoria and fetch it on the way back, do the rally and go home. If okay with your parents, please let me know. In the meantime I will contact the resort and get some advice from them, although I don't think that they will be too keen. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by david h View Post
    An option, thanks.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Java Sport
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Deena View Post
    Thanks Ntjamme, much appreciated for a possible solution. Possible dates will be from Monday, 14th May drop off, to Thursday, 17th May pick up. I am from Durban and need to go up to Pretoria on Monday, 14th May. I am participating in a classic bike rally on the 18th & 19th May in the Midlands. I am hoping to leave the bike close by, drive up to Pretoria and fetch it on the way back, do the rally and go home. If okay with your parents, please let me know. In the meantime I will contact the resort and get some advice from them, although I don't think that they will be too keen. Thanks again, much appreciated.
    Ya, that should be fine. I'm their only son, so they will move the mountain for me!!!!!

Drop me a call, Zero813876Zerp32

Sent from my ConeXis X1 using Tapatalk

Bike
    BMW
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Even if a facility say they will allow your trailer and bike to stand in their facility it is no guarantee that fingers will not play and touch.
    Ntjamme has a great option for you. Being an only son means that either M, D or a cousin will probably sleep under the trailer with a leg lied to a long cord to the bike.
    I have a big shed in Howick but that's too far?
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or any other sane human

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Deena View Post
    Hi Az, I'm going to be staying at this resort (participating in the Natal Classic Rally) from Thursday, 17th May to Sunday, 20th. I will get hold of the management and ask, but I don't think that they will be too keen. Thanks all the same for the suggestion.
    If you are staying in the resort, why would they not have your vehicle and trailer there? Surely, they won't have an issue?

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    If you are staying in the resort, why would they not have your vehicle and trailer there? Surely, they won't have an issue?
    he said he is leaving it there to travel to pretoria, i.e he wont be there when it is left there

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    he said he is leaving it there to travel to pretoria, i.e he wont be there when it is left there
    Yes, that he did.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Yes, that he did.

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by WBro View Post
    Even if a facility say they will allow your trailer and bike to stand in their facility it is no guarantee that fingers will not play and touch.
    Ntjamme has a great option for you. Being an only son means that either M, D or a cousin will probably sleep under the trailer with a leg lied to a long cord to the bike.
    I have a big shed in Howick but that's too far?
    Agree completely, and thanks for the Howick option, but yes, a bit too far from where I would like to be. Getting M, D or a cousin to sleep under the trailer...noooo, for sure...nice thought though. Thanks again.

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

I plan to be away for three days after leaving the bike & trailer there.

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by Ntjamme View Post
    Ya, that should be fine. I'm their only son, so they will move the mountain for me!!!!!

Drop me a call, Zero813876Zerp32

Sent from my ConeXis X1 using Tapatalk
    Hi, thanks very much for a very practical option. Sorry for not getting back sooner. I am out of the country at the moment and will be home on the 22nd. I'll call you once I get back and firm up the arrangements. Thanks once again, much obliged.