Thread: FZR750 radiator hose

Lurker
    Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Default FZR750 radiator hose

Hi all , I bought an 87 Yamaha FZR750 just over 2 months ago , am riding/commuting almost every day and still alive - survived taxi mayhem etc
    I'm looking for a certain part - a radiator hose , I have the Yamaha part number : 2GH-12576-00-00

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Contact Linex Yamaha 011 251 4000
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Lurker
    Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks , they dont have .

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    ninja 250r - sold :( NC700x :D
    Region
    Gauteng

bike hospital?

Lurker
    Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Yes , thanks , I'll go there at the weekend.I did phone them already - they insist on a sample...

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    ninja 250r - sold :( NC700x :D
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by itmuso View Post
    Yes , thanks , I'll go there at the weekend.I did phone them already - they insist on a sample...
    yeah likely because they will see if they have something that matches even if it isn't from the specific model etc

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

'87 to '88 FZR 1000 uses the same hose. According to Google searching, that part number has been discontinued, so finding a new one will be very good luck.
    If all else fails, take the hose to a decent car spares place and they can possibly match it up. I did that on a friends' '91 KTM 540 two stroke. Dudes at Midas got a Toyota hose that almost matched and we cut it a bit shorter on both ends and made it work.

If that does not work, use the ends of the hose and pop in a metal pipe (if the hose is busted in the middle).

Hope you come right, buddy.
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Skully-SXV View Post
    '87 to '88 FZR 1000 uses the same hose. According to Google searching, that part number has been discontinued, so finding a new one will be very good luck.
    If all else fails, take the hose to a decent car spares place and they can possibly match it up. I did that on a friends' '91 KTM 540 two stroke. Dudes at Midas got a Toyota hose that almost matched and we cut it a bit shorter on both ends and made it work.

If that does not work, use the ends of the hose and pop in a metal pipe (if the hose is busted in the middle).

Hope you come right, buddy.
    Agreed.

- Midas or some such for a similar part.
    - Midas or some such for any reinforced pipe that could work.
    - Mica for a piece of copper / steel / aluminium pipe to insert where the crack is.