Thread: Where to go to buy a 2nd hand bike?

Bike
    RIP Kawasaki ER6f. 2012 Honda CBF600S
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Where to go to buy a 2nd hand bike?

Can anyone please recommend somewhere to buy a 2nd hand bike that has great service, and isn't going to try rip me off?

I had my eye on a 2nd hand Yamaha FZ6r that was sold an hour after I saw it, and am now looking again.

I don't have the luxury of a lot of time to look as I need a bike to get to and from work, and am using the company pool car that is not available for much longer.

Please help

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    GSX-R750
    Region
    Gauteng

Many people speak highly of Fire It Up.
    Somewhere in Fourways I think.

I say go to Autotrader and look up the bike you want, get a feel for how much the kind of bike you want costs 2nd hand and then visit some of the dealerships for the bikes you have shortlisted.

N00b
    Bike
    Yamaha YBR250
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Keep scanning Gumtree; enter an alert for what you are loooking for. I found what I was looking for; must admit it took three months but I got a great bike in excellent condition, low milage and a very good price. Did the same for protective gear; last week got a jacket only 5 km from where I live.
    As for gloves, still looking but in the meantime I'm using leather welding gloves - maybe I'll strick with them.

Biker
    Bike
    Harley Sportster XL1200C
    Region
    Gauteng

Have to agree with Fire-it-Up and there is Reconstructed in Centurion as well

Bike
    Suzuki GSF 1250 Bandit
    Region
    Gauteng

I'm quite a fan of Delivery Cycle Centre in Rosettenville. Don't be fooled by the unassuming name; owner Brian Shortt races and has been in the game for decades. He also does good rebuilds. Note, I am not associated with him or his business in any way whatsoever and receive no reward or incentive for punting him; this is a bona fide recommendation. Tel 011 683 4109.