Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by kamza View Post
    to clarify please see below image:
    Attachment 82231
    The A-Pillar has been fingered as a big culprit in the "I did not see him" scenario previously. This is especially true for modern cars that have bigger A-Pillars because of their "stick-on" windscreens.

I called AMZ a guuurl and survived! kamza's Avatar
    Bike
    Hysoung GT650R (sold) Project K6 Suzuki SV1000 (Sold) Jonway 250 cruiser, Suzuki SV650
    Region
    Gauteng

Even with all these dangers, I would not trade riding my bike for anything....until maybe that Dubai hover bike becomes a thing
    2 Timothy 1: 7For God has not given us the spirit of fear..

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Case in point - last night after at about 23:00 at a T-Junction traffic light stop a biker tried to pass me on my left. The only reason I know about him is because after I made the turn my fiance told me about him trying to pass me.

I had no idea he was there and, honestly, I rate this guy a moron with a death wish. Had he stopped on my right or my right rear I would've know about him immediately and probably give way for a safe turn.

But no, let's take our chance between the car's blindspot and the curb.

I said this on another forum but it's way too easy for somebody to get a piece of paper and a bike. We need mandatory training and a "probation" period on smaller engined bikes so people can actually learn how to ride safely in traffic.

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Big BMW, Small Yamaha & an old classic BMW
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Not making any reasons or excuses for drivers.

I have seen videos of cars being lost in blind spots from A Pillars, it is very rare set of movements that allow this scenario to happen.

In my larger daily drive the biggest blind spots are behind the mirrors (large and many).
    That's why drivers should move their heads and not just their eyes whilst viewing their surroundings.
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or TB Marshals or any other sane human

Bike
    R80GS PD
    Region
    Gauteng

I change my approach, depending on my mood, depending on the situation. When the traffic is standing still at a red robot where I intend to turn right, I go right to the front on the left side of the car, and check, if the driver is on the cell. Visibly. I say nothing, I don't point, I just shake my head. So at least, I know I have attention. Then I pull in front, so there is no doubt about my intention and I am in full view of the first car. When the traffic is moving already as I approach the intersection, I stay behind an apply patience.

Lane splitting's interpretation leaves the legality in a grey area. If I remember correctly, it says "if safe to do so". So when you have an accident whilst lane splitting, irrespective of the person at fault, it obviously was not safe in the first place?
    You don't ride in the rain, you don't ride!