Thread: Dynamite keyboard warriors

Slowed to four wheels Speed Devil's Avatar
    Bike
    Triumph Sprint GT 1050 Ver2.0 (Guiliana)
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Dynamite keyboard warriors

So why does a person talk ****e about a campaign/organisation on one forum and then proceed to post to the forum of the exact campaign/organisation to receive the replies that he talks ****e about?

Do we have a hamster looking for attention?

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...Thread/page314

http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?73554-Grosvenor-Crossing-18-07-17

Hamster 1.jpg

Hamster 2.jpg

Don't take life too seriously....nobody gets out alive!!!

Bike
    GSX-R1000A,SuzukiGSX-S1000F
    Region
    Gauteng

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

It was a bit of an "in the heat of the moment" post and not fair of me to refer to Think Bike that way. That post came after the whole "blue lights" issue and discussions about driving in the suicide lanes etc. and I was just frustrated as a whole. With "Don't care much for their movement" I meant that I'm not an official member and in the previous post I made the guy made an assumption about me referring to Think Bike and not specific members. Please read that thread in context.

Still, in hindsight that was a childish post (hypocritical even wrt to the biker down threads). I'm here because I value what the organisation is doing and most of the things I keep in the back of my head wrt to safety I picked up from here.

Please accept my apologies, that post comes across very different from what I meant.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Takes a man to admit and apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Devil View Post
    So why does a person talk ****e about a campaign/organisation on one forum

I have to wonder. Even saw guys like Trompie, Duifie and others use the Blackie awareness ride posts on FB to throw some stones at Think Bike. Why!? I just do not understand.

Come Join the Marshals
    Bike
    NC700X (retired into a golf5) NC750X, & Bajaj 180
    Region
    Gauteng

Thank you for your apology, one thing you have to remember the campaign is run but volunteers, people come and go, and as you can see by the numbers its dwindling, we try very hard regularly to go out and do events, not just "baby sitting cyclists" this is merely a part of our safety campaign.
    There are many people behind the scenes which are doing something for biker safety.
    We recently (the Think Bike Marshals) went to do a talk with a delivery bike company on safety and soon a defensive riding course with them.

I must admit, I have to apologies for the lack of post with regards to what is happening, but trying to cover all the bases- FB, Twitter, Forum and we short number of people to help its a tad difficult.
    I will try post more things of what we are trying to do.
    I hope maybe one day you will be proud to be associated with the TB name again.
    If you require Safety Training pop us WhatsApp: 062 192 5492

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Alexj View Post
    one thing you have to remember the campaign is run but volunteers, people come and go, and as you can see by the numbers its dwindling, we try very hard regularly to go out and do events, not just "baby sitting cyclists" this is merely a part of our safety campaign.
    There are many people behind the scenes which are doing something for biker safety.
    We recently (the Think Bike Marshals) went to do a talk with a delivery bike company on safety and soon a defensive riding course with them.
    Unfortunately, some are quick to criticize AlexJ and one of the reasons why I stepped away from the TB Twitter, FB, etc. accounts was because I became sick and tired of the constant criticism, often not deserved. A bit chicken, I know, but one can only swallow so much. You mention the Safety Campaign for the courier riders. About 10 or so TB Members offered their time, petrol, wear and tear for that. Voluntarily and at no charge to TB, or anyone. As you said, it will happen again as with so many other events we do. Yet, we also regularly have to deal with a post like that. It ****es me off no end!

Az Dawg

Bike
    Tards and Tarts
    Region
    Western Cape

not forgetting the big picture that no-one ever seems to remember...

The marshals are not the campaign and the campaign is not just some marshals.

Bike
    R80GS PD
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Takes a man to admit and apologise.

I have to wonder. Even saw guys like Trompie, Duifie and others use the Blackie awareness ride posts on FB to throw some stones at Think Bike. Why!? I just do not understand.
    Same here. Many old voices pop up every now and then, referring mostly to the good old days and things are not the same anymore. Point taken. But if many of them were as committed as the Bucc and Blackie, why are they not around any more.......? Makes me think.
    You don't ride in the rain, you don't ride!

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by -Az- View Post
    not forgetting the big picture that no-one ever seems to remember...

The marshals are not the campaign and the campaign is not just some marshals.
    +1000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THE MOOSE View Post
    Same here. Many old voices pop up every now and then, referring mostly to the good old days and things are not the same anymore. Point taken. But if many of them were as committed as the Bucc and Blackie, why are they not around any more.......? Makes me think.
    I have a theory. They never developed their own dream / passion for TB, but rather followed that of Bucc. WIth his tragic passing, they didn't have a dream / passion left.

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

The really sad thing about negative criticism and unfair criticism is there are people out there in whose life Think Bike has made a difference. It has saved a life, it has raised awareness, it has met its mandate. The fact that it is still alive and well, even on a much smaller scale than 2008, is a testimony to its success. Even if that success is not in line what others think it should be.

Sometimes people should just get over themselves and ask themselves could they do better and if the answer is yes, then why do they not? If the answer is no, then be kind, leave those that are trying to, go about their business without nasty comments.

There is just so much info out there - readily available, perhaps when Thinkbike was started the level of media competition was less intense hence the fact that they had greater numbers? As to herding cyclists, the Think Bike message is conveyed by the bikers, the cyclist, the motorists, as it is not just stickers, it is actual people out there educating the public at large, even if the public are agitated by the inconvenience. Education by another means, is still education.
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    The really sad thing about negative criticism and unfair criticism is there are people out there in whose life Think Bike has made a difference. It has saved a life, it has raised awareness, it has met its mandate. The fact that it is still alive and well, even on a much smaller scale than 2008, is a testimony to its success. Even if that success is not in line what others think it should be.

Sometimes people should just get over themselves and ask themselves could they do better and if the answer is yes, then why do they not? If the answer is no, then be kind, leave those that are trying to, go about their business without nasty comments.

There is just so much info out there - readily available, perhaps when Thinkbike was started the level of media competition was less intense hence the fact that they had greater numbers? As to herding cyclists, the Think Bike message is conveyed by the bikers, the cyclist, the motorists, as it is not just stickers, it is actual people out there educating the public at large, even if the public are agitated by the inconvenience. Education by another means, is still education.