Thread: Midvaal 2017-03-12

Bike
    RIP - 2003 Suzuki SV650S Sold - 2006 GSXR 750 Sold - 2015 Harley Street 750 2011 Daytona 675
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Midvaal 2017-03-12

So it's that time of the month again :-P
    I'm seriously in need of track time and this months CMA track day is this coming Sunday.
    I picked up a new front tyre today... Busy organising a battery tender so that I don't keep running my battery flat between track days.

Who is in for midvaal?!
    Learn from other peoples mistakes....You can't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

I might pop in and take some pics. I am saving myself for Kyalami on 18th.
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Brighty Lighty

Bike
    BMW 1200 GSA, KTM450, PGO 125, Can Am Spyder RT
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Skully-SXV View Post
    I might pop in and take some pics. I am saving myself for Kyalami on 18th.
    Are you sure you will be ok going to this event....it has been organized by the CMA

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Lame... seriously lame.

I know quite a few CMA guys and not one of them has ever tried to force their beliefs down my throat.
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

What an awesome day, good people, good track, good ride!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    RIP - 2003 Suzuki SV650S Sold - 2006 GSXR 750 Sold - 2015 Harley Street 750 2011 Daytona 675
    Region
    Gauteng

It was a good day indeed! Unluckily someone I invited to join us binned his RC8. Eish.
    His words "ran out of talent". Luckily he wasn't hurt. Bikes can be fixed.

I can definitely see the allure of being the big fish in a small pond. I went out in the C Class last session to film my buddy on his GSXR 600.
    That being said...I just followed him for 90% of the session watching him... Then I passed him and pulled him a little for a lap.
    It did feel "good" being the fastest dude out in the session... but it is a false sense of power. lol.

We did have a couple of incidents with a young guy on a 125. Apparently he competes and stuff, but he was doing some passing moves that
    were against the rules for C class. He was coming up the inside of people entering turns and pushing them wide.
    I had a chat to his dad and asked him to speak to his son and get him to not do that as it's making it unsafe for the other people.
    If he wants to practice race moves an instructional track day is not the place.
    Learn from other peoples mistakes....You can't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

I had my awesome wife with at the track again. She snapped some pics. Unfortunately the grass is a little long currently so it kind of gets in the way a bit.

Track 12.03.17 (8).jpg

The next few pics are of my buddy hitting up his first ever track day. He said he'll be back next time for sure.
    Track 12.03.17 (28).jpg
    Track 12.03.17 (29).jpg
    Track 12.03.17 (67).jpg

And then... Hobbes ripping it up on the twister.
    Track 12.03.17 (13).jpg
    Track 12.03.17 (16).jpg
    Track 12.03.17 (73).jpg
    Track 12.03.17 (94).jpg

As can clearly be seen we are not bikers... we are power rangers because out kit matches our bikes and stuff. lol.

Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng

Still want to do a track day on Toad, preferably at Midvaal as it is down the road from us.

With my accident in December, I am shying in corners and need to get my confidence back. Hip is healed and Toad - well, survived the accident rather well. Being a cruiser, its not the norm for a typical track day - but then again - I'm not the typical rider
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post
    Still want to do a track day on Toad, preferably at Midvaal as it is down the road from us.

With my accident in December, I am shying in corners and need to get my confidence back. Hip is healed and Toad - well, survived the accident rather well. Being a cruiser, its not the norm for a typical track day - but then again - I'm not the typical rider
    Next midvaal track day is 9 April. Do IT!!!!
    Take it easy, ride in C group and you'll be fine.
    It will teach you a lot about your bike.
    There are some SUPER slow people on the track so you don't need to worry if you take it very easy.
    Come and enjoy yourself and learn in a more controlled environment than on the road.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenpridgeon View Post
    Next midvaal track day is 9 April. Do IT!!!!
    Take it easy, ride in C group and you'll be fine.
    It will teach you a lot about your bike.
    There are some SUPER slow people on the track so you don't need to worry if you take it very easy.
    Come and enjoy yourself and learn in a more controlled environment than on the road.
    Thanks WarrenPridgeon - what is the cost for the day? Would certainly be very interested.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Have spoken to Dgener8 - he is also keen - have a few mates from the Vale who may also want to join, and have said they would like to do a track day (Dumb@ss & Don)

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post
    Thanks WarrenPridgeon - what is the cost for the day? Would certainly be very interested.
    There's been a price increase since January, it's now R300 per day.
    There are instructors there and you get around 5 or 6 sessions for the day.
    Each session is 20 minutes long.
    There are also 3 class room sessions where they explain some principles to you.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Duly noted - will punt it a bit from my side. Chat closer to the time - and will likely see you there.

Bike
    Please enter your ride!!!!!
    Region
    Gauteng

@Warrenpridgeon It was the most fun with clothes on! I will definitely be back

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by H13nk View Post
    @Warrenpridgeon It was the most fun with clothes on! I will definitely be back

I felt so bad cos I invited you and then your bike got tired and went for a little lie down .
    Hopefully your bike gets sorted soon... then we can work on increasing your talent. hehe.

Bike
    Please enter your ride!!!!!
    Region
    Gauteng

Haha that's the plan... Or maybe another bike😅

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk