Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midvaal Trackday 2016/09/11

Bike
    RIP - 2003 Suzuki SV650S Sold - 2006 GSXR 750 Sold - 2015 Harley Street 750 2011 Daytona 675
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Midvaal Trackday 2016/09/11

Sup peeps! It's that time of month again. The trackday at midvaal is happening this coming Sunday.
    Anyone gonna pull through?
    Learn from other peoples mistakes....You can't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    100cc Scooter
    Region
    Gauteng

Marshalling the Ride for Victory. otherwise i would have ..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200GS (Faith), Yamaha FZ6S (Honi)Sold, KLR650 (Rover)Sold
    Region
    Free State

Why do I always seem to be busy on these days!! I would have loved to do it anti-clockwise last time!
    Riding a straight and smooth road does not make a skillful rider.

Bike
    RIP - 2003 Suzuki SV650S Sold - 2006 GSXR 750 Sold - 2015 Harley Street 750 2011 Daytona 675
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SandyN View Post
    Why do I always seem to be busy on these days!! I would have loved to do it anti-clockwise last time!
    The anti-clockwise was interesting. The racing line that way round is less bumpy... so that was cool. But hell it was a mind bender cos it was like a brand new track to me.
    Still got my knee down proper and managed to chop a few seconds off of my time so I was happy
    Learn from other peoples mistakes....You can't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

It was opposite direction again at midvaal. Was a blast!

I know I don't have the most epic body position and I'm nowhere near the fastest rider out there...
    But this clip illustrates why you should work on everything except getting your knee down.
    That being said, I've started getting my knee down more now... it IS fun...
    but if you focus on that you end up going slower and doing this kind of thing:

Got my times down. Great day at the track!

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

This GS showed us that they enjoy the dirt more than the tar :-P Guy didn't go down or anything.

Bike
    GSX-R1000A,SuzukiGSX-S1000F
    Region
    Gauteng

Well done with the videos , thanks. what the cost for this event?

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinD View Post
    Well done with the videos , thanks. what the cost for this event?
    R200

The second Sunday of every month.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Also....getting my body towards where it needs to be...
    DSC_01072.jpg

N00b
    Bike
    SV650 2003
    Region
    Gauteng

[QUOTE=Warrenpridgeon;1157118]Also....getting my body towards where it needs to be...
    ]

I was on Midvaal as well, you guys are crazy.

My best lap time on the phone app was 1.31.29 and it was scary. I struggle alot with mu body position towards the RHS but I will get it right one day.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by EkkeHannes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrenpridgeon View Post
    Also....getting my body towards where it needs to be...
    I was on Midvaal as well, you guys are crazy.

My best lap time on the phone app was 1.31.29 and it was scary. I struggle alot with mu body position towards the RHS but I will get it right one day.

Were you on the purple SV?
    My laptime is only a little faster... Best I did was 1:24.
    Was riding in B group.
    So you aren't far off my pace.

Really digging the track thing though!!!

N00b
    Bike
    SV650 2003
    Region
    Gauteng

Were you on the purple SV?
    My laptime is only a little faster... Best I did was 1:24.
    Was riding in B group.
    So you aren't far off my pace.

Really digging the track thing though!!!
    Yes yes yes, the purple SV was me. I saw you guys and wanted to take a chance in the B group but the back straight sets me back. The corners is ok but can not overtake and that makes it difficult. 1.24 to 1.31 is quite faster. Lekker man ...

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Yes yes yes, the purple SV was me. I saw you guys and wanted to take a chance in the B group but the back straight sets me back. The corners is ok but can not overtake and that makes it difficult. 1.24 to 1.31 is quite faster. Lekker man ...
    The C group was exceptionally slow yesterday. There were some people who were still learning how to ride their bikes in that group.
    You'll find you'll go faster if you move up to B. You might get passed a couple of times. But if you are getting held up by slower people all the time it might be time to move up.

That back straight is intense!!! I dig it cos I get to pass bigger bikes because they tap off and I'm still on the gas. lol.

N00b
    Bike
    SV650 2003
    Region
    Gauteng

The C group was exceptionally slow yesterday. There were some people who were still learning how to ride their bikes in that group.
    You'll find you'll go faster if you move up to B. You might get passed a couple of times. But if you are getting held up by slower people all the time it might be time to move up.

That back straight is intense!!! I dig it cos I get to pass bigger bikes because they tap off and I'm still on the gas. lol.
    I will keep that in mind, my SV is a bit slow in the back straight and i dont like riding the bike o its limits all the time. I am trying to swop with cash difference or sell my sv. Then I will join you in the B group to see how I keep up with the bigger guys.

N00b
    Bike
    SV650 2003
    Region
    Gauteng

I will keep that in mind, my SV is a bit slow in the back straight and i dont like riding the bike o its limits all the time. I am trying to swop with cash difference or sell my sv. Then I will join you in the B group to see how I keep up with the bigger guys.
    What bike did you do the 1.24 with ?

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

What bike did you do the 1.24 with ?
    My Daytona 675. The one in my profile pic.

N00b
    Bike
    SV650 2003
    Region
    Gauteng

Cool, I wonder if i will get that with my SV, everyone says it is ****ty on for the track.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Cool, I wonder if i will get that with my SV, everyone says it is ****ty on for the track.
    They are "half" right... Stock the suspension is a little sucky.
    I went to Phakisa years ago with my SV. I felt the back "Wallowing" around through corners.
    Lots of dudes overseas actually race the SV650, but they upgrade the suspension, brakes etc.
    I'm not crazy fast yet...I reckon you'll easily get below 1:30 you'll be able to carry decent corner speed with the SV.
    Once you move up to B the track will be flowing a bit better and you wont be held up by the guys on the big bikes who are slow in the corners and fast in the straights.

N00b
    Bike
    SV650 2003
    Region
    Gauteng

They are "half" right... Stock the suspension is a little sucky.
    I went to Phakisa years ago with my SV. I felt the back "Wallowing" around through corners.
    Lots of dudes overseas actually race the SV650, but they upgrade the suspension, brakes etc.
    I'm not crazy fast yet...I reckon you'll easily get below 1:30 you'll be able to carry decent corner speed with the SV.
    Once you move up to B the track will be flowing a bit better and you wont be held up by the guys on the big bikes who are slow in the corners and fast in the straights.
    Ok thanks. Hahaha, still want a 1000cc so the SV is looking for a new owner. Putty I cannot have both ...

Will you be Zwartkops the 25th for the brunch run ?

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Ok thanks. Hahaha, still want a 1000cc so the SV is looking for a new owner. Putty I cannot have both ...

Will you be Zwartkops the 25th for the brunch run ?
    I've never been to Zwartkops. I'd like to go sometime. Don't think I'll make it the 25th though.