Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Omni Risk Insurance

  1. #1
    Hooligan Biker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Blouberg
    Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    159

    Default Omni Risk Insurance

    Does anyone have any experience with Omni Risk insurance, specifically claims. They seem to have very good cover with good premiums. However it is the claims process that makes the insurer.

  2. #2
    Hooligan Biker Viper1350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Bike
    2008 Yamaha R6
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acidfunka View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Omni Risk insurance, specifically claims. They seem to have very good cover with good premiums. However it is the claims process that makes the insurer.
    I've been with them since 2010. Claims with regards to my car went very quickly, although when I claimed in November when my bike was written off, it wasn't such a nice effortless experience. But I'm insured with them again, as I've not found another insurance company that's willing to cover track days, at a similar price.

  3. #3
    Hooligan Biker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Blouberg
    Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viper1350 View Post
    I've been with them since 2010. Claims with regards to my car went very quickly, although when I claimed in November when my bike was written off, it wasn't such a nice effortless experience. But I'm insured with them again, as I've not found another insurance company that's willing to cover track days, at a similar price.
    What was the reason you had trouble with the bike claim?

  4. #4
    Hooligan Biker Viper1350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Bike
    2008 Yamaha R6
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acidfunka View Post
    What was the reason you had trouble with the bike claim?
    If only I knew the answer to that question
    All I know for certain, is that it took 8 weeks from the accident till payout.

  5. #5
    Hooligan Biker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Blouberg
    Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Wow that is some wait time. Did they provide you with alternative transport while you waited? I did not see that as a option anywhere on their quote.

  6. #6
    Hooligan Biker Viper1350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Bike
    2008 Yamaha R6
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acidfunka View Post
    Wow that is some wait time. Did they provide you with alternative transport while you waited? I did not see that as a option anywhere on their quote.
    Hahaha no they didn't. Luckily my mom's CBR250 was free for me to use. Otherwise I would've been sleeping at the office

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •