I must be mad

Getting this later today:
    Name:  20151105_141335.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  20151105_145844.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  59.8 KB

10 002km on the odo and in brilliant condition. Just needs decent tyres. Will pop around to Just Bike Tyre in the morning and get some new sticky black stuff fitted.
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Bike
    CBR 600F
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Skully-SXV View Post
    I must be mad

Getting this later today:
    Name:  20151105_141335.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  20151105_145844.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  59.8 KB

10 002km on the odo and in brilliant condition. Just needs decent tyres. Will pop around to Just Bike Tyre in the morning and get some new sticky black stuff fitted.
    awesomeness!!!

enjoy man

Mommy's sweet, little boy Biker mom's son's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM 1290SuperDuke R
    Region
    Gauteng

Another hooligan bike xD

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

Not mad at all... blessed!

Is an incredible motor. Brilliant power delivery. You are going to love it!
    Dunslop lover....

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100RR
    Region
    Gauteng

Awesome man,I ordered the new one,still waiting for stock

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks a mil guys

This one had 10 002km on the odo, very well looked after, yellow, Yoshi slipon, carbon rear hugger and Puig screen..

I had fresh tyres fitted yesterday afternoon (Brigdestone Battlax S20 Evo's) and today went for a nice 250km ride to a friend in Benoni, then back on the R21 and did some "nice sedate riding" around the eastern parts of this dorpie.

All I can say is this: why did I wait so long? Why?

The handling is near-on perfect, riding position is perfect for me (I am 5'11" and 76kg), the motor is an absolute gem (it has the updated stator and coolant manifold), power delivery in sport mode is highly addictive. I have not bothered to try the other modes yet. When I got it, it was in Road mode and I changed it to Sport as soon as I started it up for the first time.

But nothing else is nowhere near as addictive as the APRC package. Damn! I can now see and feel what all the hype is about when magazine road tests say it is the best electronics package around.
    I have it on TC3, and have not played around with any other settings yet.
    That quickshifter has me hooked by the nuts and will not let go anytime soon.

I have done the exhaust flapper mod by unhooking the cables and that sound is just magic. Gandalf thinks he has magic? Ha! A V4 Ape kicks his magic in the beard.

I am also going to a trackday at Phakisa next weekend (by invite only from the Hell Razors), and will take time to learn what this yellow beastie can really do.
    I have given it some stick, but will keep the hooligan antics for the track, thanks very much.

Name:  20151107_074344.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  84.1 KBName:  20151107_074430.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  87.5 KBName:  20151107_074442.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  67.6 KBName:  20151107_074510.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  65.5 KBName:  20151107_120748.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  54.6 KB
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Bike
    Duke 390 - UAE
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Congrats man

Great Bike!

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks a mil guys

This one had 10 002km on the odo, very well looked after, yellow, Yoshi slipon, carbon rear hugger and Puig screen..

I had fresh tyres fitted yesterday afternoon (Brigdestone Battlax S20 Evo's) and today went for a nice 250km ride to a friend in Benoni, then back on the R21 and did some "nice sedate riding" around the eastern parts of this dorpie.

All I can say is this: why did I wait so long? Why?

The handling is near-on perfect, riding position is perfect for me (I am 5'11" and 76kg), the motor is an absolute gem (it has the updated stator and coolant manifold), power delivery in sport mode is highly addictive. I have not bothered to try the other modes yet. When I got it, it was in Road mode and I changed it to Sport as soon as I started it up for the first time.

But nothing else is nowhere near as addictive as the APRC package. Damn! I can now see and feel what all the hype is about when magazine road tests say it is the best electronics package around.
    I have it on TC3, and have not played around with any other settings yet.

I have done the exhaust flapper mod by unhooking the cables and that sound is just magic. Gandalf thinks he has magic? Ha! A V4 Ape kicks his magic in the beard.

I am also going to a trackday at Phakisa next weekend (by invite only from the Hell Razors), and will take time to learn what this yellow beastie can really do.
    I have given it some stick, but will keep the hooligan antics for the track, thanks very much.

Name:  20151107_074344.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  84.1 KBName:  20151107_074430.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  87.5 KBName:  20151107_074442.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  67.6 KBName:  20151107_074510.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  65.5 KBName:  20151107_120748.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  54.6 KB
    Didnt want to say " i told you so" but i did
    Dunslop lover....

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks LawMongrel!

Dave, you told me so but I did not listen. But I have seen the light.

Fitted Lightech LED indicators (and resistors) to front and rear.
    I had to use resistors on all 4 LED indicators. Blown bulb warning came up on the dash and fast blinking on all 4 of them. No biggy, really.
    Name:  20151110_102722.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  20151110_112507.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  20151110_114446.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  96.1 KB

I chopped the stock front indicator bases and fitted the Lightech items in them seeing as the OEM front mounting holes will require mounting adaptors and I could not find any around here:
    Name:  20151110_121055.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  20151110_121940.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  20151110_122053.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  20151110_133733.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  20151110_133753.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  65.7 KB

Problem solved and it looks neat as well. The Lightech thread is slightly bigger then the hole in the stock base, so I just used a drop of oil and threaded the new indicators into them. Fits perfectly.
    Next on the list is levers and mirrors.

I have put on an extra 500 odd km now, and this yellow beasty is a dream come true for me. After years of oohing and aahing and taking various RSV4's and Tuono V4's for rides, I am proud to say I own one now.
    It does not like heavy traffic at all. Insides of my legs are medium rare already from the heat generated from the motor, but this thing is not designed to be a commuter. It can do the commuting thing perfectly fine, it just does not like it.

Fuel consumption varies a hell of a lot. From 5.4L/100 while cruising at highway speeds to needing fuel within 90km (tank is 17 litres and includes a 3.5 litre reserve). Fuel light can come on in under 90km easily
    This is not your everyday fuel saving device, this is a proper monster of a machine.

And it does look remarkably similar to a certain adorable robot:
    Name:  review_walle_1.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  58.0 KB

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

I have said this before and I will say it again: There is absolutely no reason to have a quickshifter on your bike.

Unless you've used one before...
    O Captain! My Captain! ...
    ... But I, with silent tread, Walk the spot my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

In loving memory of our Buccaneer: Brian Cannoo 1962 - 2008

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by theRéhann View Post
    I have said this before and I will say it again: There is absolutely no reason to have a quickshifter on your bike.

Unless you've used one before...
    I think I should disconnect the damn thing. It is totally unnecessary and an irritation

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

Seriously, though. If you like the Aprilia's quickshifter, you will go ape-sh!t for BMW's. It is simply the best one around. Especially on the S1000 XR.
    ... But I, with silent tread, Walk the spot my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

My RSV4 didnt have one and to be honest i dont think it would have made a whole lot of difference to my lap times...... losing 10 kgs might of though
    Dunslop lover....

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

Réhann, I have ridden an S1000RR and the quickshifter does work very lekker.
    Pity it's a BM, though

It goes like stink, handles like a dream, has all the goodies, but looks like a bastard son created by Chris Bangle after he had 15 huge mugs of the finest Deutsche beer followed by copius amounts of shooters. Nee sies, die ding is lelik verby.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Pity it's a BM, though

It goes like stink, handles like a dream, has all the goodies, but looks like a bastard son created by Chris Bangle after he had 15 huge mugs of the finest Deutsche beer followed by copius amounts of shooters. Nee sies, die ding is lelik verby.
    exactly bud,and that's why we pay the premium for exotic goods.

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

Pity it's a BM, though

Please, the Chris Bangle issue is forgotten. He went back to the US and is now a mere figment of your imagination.

The Aprilia arguably has the best chassis of all the superbikes, and the gentlest handling. But let's be honest. It looks like an old Honda. It's design is as exciting as 1989 could be.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Pity it's a BM, though

Dis 'n Bike nie 'n Mej. SA deelnemer nie.

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

Get up close to a new Aprilia.... look at the flowing lines from front to back. The small things like the two little wings on the back of the tailpiece etc... the ribs on the headlight and so on.

1989 Honda my ass! This is an Italian work of art!

Dunslop lover....

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by dave31 View Post
    1989 Honda my ass! This is an Italian work of art!
    You should've added "classic". That could be an excuse

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi Skully ,you've owned quite a few aprilias. How reliable are their engines and is there any know issues.Did read that the fuel economy on the Tounos aren't that great ,but that doesn't bother me too much. Im guessing with its torque output it will eat rear tyres quite quickly?