Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shjakadi - Fri 16 Oct

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by THE MOOSE View Post
    Just back from the hospital. He is doing all right, still in pain, but on the mend and he should go home soon.

Bike
    RIP - 2003 Suzuki SV650S Sold - 2006 GSXR 750 Sold - 2015 Harley Street 750 2011 Daytona 675
    Region
    Gauteng

Never fun getting off your bike while it is still going. Get well soon dude.
    Learn from other peoples mistakes....You can't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bike
    BMW F800GS (Jack Russel)& 1150 GSA (Boer boel)
    Region
    Western Cape

Sorry to read about this. Good luck with the recovery

Bike
    BMW800GS; CRF230F
    Region
    Gauteng

wow, Finally home:- Hospitals not my most favourite.

A huge thanks to all who helped, just awesome

When the bike initiated divorce proceedings by throwing me off, my initial though was "this is gonna hurt", i can tell you i was not wrong.
    I was battered and bruised from down low to shoulder height. Helmet never smacked the ground. After a few x-rays DR was not convinced he had found all injuries and sent me off for full scan. No further injuries where found, I had dislocated wrist with fractures, broken ring finger, dislocated shoulder with fractures and some cool blue colours all over.
    After three surgeries I am the owner of a new shoulder and a couple steel plates in my wrist. At least i did not have to deal with any road rash, wear the kit people..... If i look at what my clothes look like, i would have been very sore, i cannot imagine being in more pain than i was, so it would have been rough and i would most probably still be in hospital.

I am now home, with mostly the shoulder giving me the most grief , booked off for six weeks.

I cannot thank all who helped me enough. My wife got to me, My bike got home, all personal effects looked after :- Thank you

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by shjakadi View Post

When the bike initiated divorce proceedings by throwing me off, my initial though was "this is gonna hurt", i can tell you i was not wrong.
    I was battered and bruised from down low to shoulder height. Helmet never smacked the ground. After a few x-rays DR was not convinced he had found all injuries and sent me off for full scan. No further injuries where found, I had dislocated wrist with fractures, broken ring finger, dislocated shoulder with fractures and some cool blue colours all over.
    After three surgeries I am the owner of a new shoulder and a couple steel plates in my wrist. At least i did not have to deal with any road rash, wear the kit people..... If i look at what my clothes look like, i would have been very sore, i cannot imagine being in more pain than i was, so it would have been rough and i would most probably still be in hospital.

I am now home, with mostly the shoulder giving me the most grief , booked off for six weeks.

I cannot thank all who helped me enough. My wife got to me, My bike got home, all personal effects looked after :- Thank you
    Great progress report, good to hear you're home.

Now heal up
    O Captain! My Captain! ...
    ... But I, with silent tread, Walk the spot my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

In loving memory of our Buccaneer: Brian Cannoo 1962 - 2008

Bike
    BMW R1200GS LC
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks for the update - all the best!!!!
    "There are Old Bikers and there are Bold Bikers, but not a hell of a lot of Old Bold Bikers"
    Coachman

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by shjakadi View Post

Great news! Welcome to your home.

Az Dawg

Bike
    Tards and Tarts
    Region
    Western Cape

Good news and glad to hear it.

(There must of been an easier way to get rid of a BMW without making it obvious )

Capt Grumpy - The Comedian
    Bike
    R1200R
    Region
    Gauteng

So very happy that was not worse and that it is manageable. Good time to try out new pain control substances, Glenmorangie or some such stuff.

trust that your road to recovery is an easy one.
    Spent my therapy money on a K1200S
    Therapy must have worked, bought a GS
    Insanity crept back in, in the shape of an R1200R

Slowed to four wheels Speed Devil's Avatar
    Bike
    Triumph Sprint GT 1050 Ver2.0 (Guiliana)
    Region
    Gauteng

Really great news Shjakadi. Glad to hear that you are on the mend and that the injuries were not more extensive. Rest up and take it easy for the next few weeks.

As for the ATGATT......you only appreciate it when you NEED it. Glad it saved your skin

Don't take life too seriously....nobody gets out alive!!!