BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Sterkte.

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Strongs Buddy! What are the great unwashed protesting today?
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

Tour Biker, what are they protesting about?
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    Tour Biker, what are they protesting about?
    It's all political rubbish. A small party called i Co sa placed K anna land mu nicipality in financial debt of more than 20 million. The leader appointed like 2000 workers to the local mun and with the D a that is now in control fired the lot. The protest was obviously organised by those. It's a small town and previously... years gone by the entire mun was run by about 300 people... That includes the other towns in the district as well, Calitzdorp, Van Wyksdorp, Zoar, and Ladismith, in one district, called Kannaland.

As far as general safety and policing, everything here fell behind. For the past year crime is at a high. The house next to us is so vandalized its unlivable. Over the months we could see our town falling apart.

I have long time had arguments with my brother to put up gates and the fences that my brother had removed as he said the house looked ugly with those. Rather have a ugly house with some security measures in times like these. My mom felt real vulnerable.

The situation now... The police cleared up the crowd, and provincial administration, the yellow PA's is cleaning up now. The fire department put out the fires, but all the streets is still blocked off.

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

Sounds rough.

Will your brother now refit the gates and the fences, after this unpleasant experience?

Hope the day gets more gentle for you and your family.
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Today, I feel the world is out of control. With what's happening around me and even forum posts on the mirror slapped off, someone's phone get slapped out of her hand in her car... It's just getting a bit too much.

Isn't there some point to say... "Hokaai stop die lorrie..."

I can understand that any one at some stage become so tired and looses control. I lost control many times and always regret when I did.

But how does these actions impact on "other" people around these situations. My mom is traumatized of this mornings events. Maybe a kid in those car's... Or someone in a car next to that... maybe a old lady of 82 that can't cope with what she saw. Maybe today my perspective is disrupted my picture distorted... Today should never have happened. Lets try again tomorrow.

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Tour Biker View Post
    Today, I feel the world is out of control. With what's happening around me and even forum posts on the mirror slapped off, someone's phone get slapped out of her hand in her car... It's just getting a bit too much.

Isn't there some point to say... "Hokaai stop die lorrie..."

I can understand that any one at some stage become so tired and looses control. I lost control many times and always regret when I did.

But how does these actions impact on "other" people around these situations. My mom is traumatized of this mornings events. Maybe a kid in those car's... Or someone in a car next to that... maybe a old lady of 82 that can't cope with what she saw. Maybe today my perspective is disrupted my picture distorted... Today should never have happened. Lets try again tomorrow.
    Oom, I hear you, But remember, this too shall pass.

Trip 7s
    Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

That's what the doctor told the mother whose child swallowed her wedding ring...

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by colyvon View Post
    That's what the doctor told the mother whose child swallowed her wedding ring...
    Well, that mental image is just one that cannot be unseen

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Correct! and I hope it passes soon... or the feelings... I thank the Lord for protecting us to what could have happen and in that alone lies the prospect of a new day tomorrow. Thinking of it, how many time one come close to danger... I would never thought to see images "only seen on TV", unfold in front of our house... so close...

In the moment it was scary.... now the "anger" within me subsides... I'm glad at the time I was too dumbstruck to act or say something that I might have regret now. As I sit and type here I can still hear now the protest and loudspeakers somewhere... at least its not on the doorstep anymore.

Tomorrow will be a new day... and I think positive, no more anger... I'm now close to my Lord....

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

When last did you... As you know, I'm a technical minded guy... like proper maintenance on my bike, mom's car whatever. Yesterday morning I was talking to someone about technical aspects on a small car he owns as I'm interested with this. The discussion went all sorts of directions as the guy DIY services. On my question about the transmission oil or gearbox oil, I saw that face....

Here is the short and the long of the story. Many people are happy when the garage bloke checked the dipstick and radiator and your quite happy to pay for a half liter of engine oil whatever. When last did your car got a proper service where you checked the the mileage towards the handbook to see if the gearbox oil needs changing.

Many workshops will do it if you ask to have it done. If you don't ask, the guy would most probably in his test drive just see if the transmission is smooth and leave it at that. If you didn't watch him, how do you know it's done? To check and change the gearbox oil on a car is a difficult job and most of the time needs large type "hex" key's to do the job. The drain and fill plug even have different sizes. They are situated in the most awkward places and the car needs to be on a lift or pit to do the job. To fill oil it almost needs to be "pumped in".

Many don't read the car's little manual, if its there, and many times the information isn't even corresponding to the manufacturers service manual to the workshop manual. Some small cars need gearbox oil changed on a 60 000 kilo interval up to a 120 000 kilo interval... or period of two or three years or whatever.

So maybe tomorrow, when you wash and vacuum your wheels... think of this.... do you have enough money for a gearbox repair.... and should it happen while on the road... the recovery... of your car and how will you attempt to claim the damage from your insurance?

Have your gearbox oil checked.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Allow me to stir up the forums for this weekend.... Tour Biker's touring car... Don't get me wrong, I love bikes! Sometimes... maybe... a little comfort can work.

I like to introduce... TOUR BIKERS QUAD!!!! Hmmm ok, a touring quad?
    http://unotouringcampingcar.blogspot.co.za/
    And then a few things started to happen....
    http://unotouringcampingcar.blogspot...g-touring.html

Oh my... You all shouted! No, I love bikes... will always do! My passion for motorcycle riding will never die! I love bikes and always did... maybe there is some practical advantage to touring with something that gives 22 km/l where the bike gives 25 km/l.... Hmmm, makes you think?

Well don't jump the apple cart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch me! Please don't come to informative conclusions and let me tell you!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

hehe... The quad doesn't belong to me.... yet..... Hopefully one of these day's!
    I love the number! I grew up there!
    DSC_2036.jpg

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    2008 CBR600RR, 2014 Fireblade SP
    Region
    Western Cape

This is a new project?

Looking forward to following it too!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    This is a new project?

Looking forward to following it too!
    This is a project I was busy with for some time to get off the ground. It's a European concept and I asked around to some if it can be done. And the related market. I had to, with my practical experience come up with some solutions. The end product may just be very rewarding.
    The car doesn't belong to me yet... but hopefully the concept by my design would go somewhere with this European concept.

So in short, This is what I like as a tour alternative to a bike tour. And yes, I would love to take ownership of this alternative.... at what ever cost.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Today I want to post this. Heartache an pain forever!!!!

To sit with a regular vehicle transfer is already a pain. Imagine this. You encounter a little number problem somewhere... maybe it was a grey import vehicle... car or bike, whatever... This will never leave you.

Finally, once you end up at the authorities with the problem, they issue a document like this. I'll not bother to make it big... just click on it if you are interested.
    RPC.jpg
    What is happening... The system "blocked" the vehicle for clearance. Situations like defaced numbers will never go away.

1. Each time a vehicle inspector looks at the vehicle and he have to issue this, when in doubt the form is issued. Even if the same vehicle was cleared numerous times before.
    2. The vehicle is blocked on the system.
    3. The attached form is sent to the SAP.
    4. The SAP needs to confirm and usually from photos taken, that nothing had changed.
    5. Even if done before, the vehicle MUST be data dotted or re-data dotted as that is the only way to activate the system.
    6. Unchanged detail doesn't matter... The new owner have to cough up the somewhat R900 odd Rands. (Only for the next guy to go through all this again.)
    7. Once the system is all clear the regular steps can carry on... roadworthy test and all of that. (Only to happen again with a new owner.)
    8. Dont thing all of this is solved in a week... It may take up to 3 months and will haunt you forever.

Please DO NOT TAKE OWNERSHIP of any vehicle with number problems and please settle this issue BEFORE taking ownership.

Therefore, when you buy something, INSIST ON A ROAD WORTHY certificate.... If you inherit something with a problem, please deny your inheritance!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

This guy come to the vehicle test station with a real scruffy looking car. Marks, dents and scratches all over, the interior is all messed up. The test officer shook his head... Why on earth this car? It's a piece of junk! The guy answers... Yes! When I looked to buy a car, the one in Milnerton was much cheaper and better! This one I viewed from its owner in the Strand on Beach road! The moment I got in the car, I loved the view!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Picture! Oh and I proudly gave a Think Bike sticker to a biker and his girlfriend on a BMW full of panniers today in Oudtshoorn! It was placed immediately on the panniers.... Sorry I don't have a pic of that! All cameras was left at home... How stupid of me.... but the stickers is in the glove compartment! Hier noem ons dit sommer 'n Kubby hole...
    DSC_2105.jpg
    Ek sukkel net bietjie om my "quad" deur die toets te kry... Hy het nou Road Worthy vir die tweede keer gefail..... Ek het vandag my Hemelse Vader gevra om die karretjie vir toets "nuut" te maak.... maar dit kan nie. Daar sal seker maal altyd ietsie fout wees....

Dit was awesome om nog ander tour bikers te kon ontmoed!!!!!!!!

I am dreaming of a mielie field ...
    Bike
    Gin ( 銀 ) (Honda CBX250 Twister) - before that Gobolino, my sister's 125cc Bajaj Platina
    Region
    Gauteng

Joohaaaaaaaannn... Waar is jy? Is jy OK? Dis nou al meer as 2 maande seder jy iets hier gedeel het. Is julle op toer? Ons mis jou! En die Knaap Pirate benodig fotos en stories, want ek kan dit nie self ervaar op hierdie stadium nie.
    Ride so you can ride again tomorrow.
    From your friendly cager

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

S'funny, I was just wondering this morning what had happened to our touring rider!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!