Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Hmmm ingenious.

But isn't this what dogs are for?
    Sadly the legal system is against dog owners. Burgmann was in court about the dogs as they broke out when they got teased by the bush people. Caps actually took them once. We live on business premises. Dogs doesn't work here. I think all over, no law enforcement can do anything about these people hanging around everywhere and one must just make life uncomfortable for them.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

The cops worry about the dogs, but not the shooting in town? Weird place you live in! I wanna move there immediately!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    The cops worry about the dogs, but not the shooting in town? Weird place you live in! I wanna move there immediately!
    I suppose as long as the "stick" don't make a loud noise... They have seen the boxes here and it was used at one of the "landbou skoue" as a shooting competition as well. Sometimes people borrow them or to "copy" them. On the gun forum the boxes got good attention. It's better than using obscure items, bottles and so on. For a few practice rounds you don't have to stand up and walk to them. Great for a 750 to 950 FPS or Hatsan but no good for air-soft.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Testing a pig pic upload. Sometimes one should use these in a report, but thumbs also, to make reading easier...
    Sharwoods.jpg

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    2008 CBR600RR, 2014 Fireblade SP
    Region
    Western Cape

Most of your postings would look better like this Johan.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

I'm feeling good! Today I was at the doctor and my chronic prescription was changed from the generic equivalent to a further generic equivalent and in cost work out to a quarter of the originals cost. Should it works fine, should save a lot of bucks. Bucks to go towards the next bike tour! Since the PE tour I didn't get sick yet and applied for season work that should keep me busy until March or April. Keep thumbs up!

I'm quite exited about the TB China thing and want to contribute towards guidance and hopefully can help a bit. I think I'm jacked up on the legal trademark things that may guide them to a unique equivalent... just like my generic prescription...

This evening I was appointed family chef and thought that breakfast for supper will do. I created omelettes for supper. Tour Bikers double ups! Each filled with diced bacon, fresh tomato and cheese. A dash of black pepper and olive oil with a pinch of salt. A wee bit of chopped lettuce for that fresh crack on the bite. While mom and brother wait... Tour Biker at the stove and each got seconds as well!

I had mine and the picture of my "snoopy"... something for the downloaded movie for tonight! A double up after the double up!

Hmmm what to watch... I've down loaded Captain Phillips a true story of the US Alabama hijacked by Somali pirates and the 40 minute "Inside Story" of the true events.... Hmmmm Delicious... See you tomorrow!
    DO1.JPG

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Capt Phillips is an excellent movie. Enjoy.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

For the most of the day I was busy on the TB China site. By lunch I took my mom to town and met 2 bikers from Gauteng on tour. The weather was predicting rain and I suggested they should use Koedoeskloof. After shopping I hopped on the bike and met them again. Tomorrow they head for the Seweweekspoort circular route and plan to overnight in "Die Hel". I caught up with them after pitching camp and joined them for a cold one! Great biker company! It's Friday and Koedoeskloof is host to 7 bikers! The 2 I met in town, another group of 3, also camping and a group of two in the chalets. All of them would be on the circular tomorrow! Wish I could join them, but I have home duty tomorrow!
    Photo0923.jpg
    Photo0924.jpg

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

Both pictures full size please!

Your revamped blog site looking good.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Both pictures full size please!

Your revamped blog site looking good.
    The blog slowly come along... getting hits every day... I still want to do a post on tour bikes and tour bikers with unique pics of people I meet...

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

I still want to do a post on tour bikes and tour bikers with unique pics of people I meet...
    That'll be good. I enjoy the personalities in your postings!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Ride to Koedoeskloof to deliver some Think Bike stickers. Saw the bakkie in town and the only thing missing on it, a couple of AK's showing into the air...

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

I got a fright this morning. The vehicle register office phoned for the reminder of the clearance on the Virago. I know Micheal so nothing serious. I went to the SAPS and they still busy with the process... also nearly forgotten... They will phone back in the week. The only hick-up is the processing definitely needs the bike to be data-dotted. The local doing data dots don't do bikes anymore. Something do to with the kit's expiring or something. Not quite sure. It seems I must saddle up for a trip to CT to have it done. I was just reminded that the clearance must be re-entered on the registration certificate. I wasn't sure on the given "window" for this... but I was reassured not to "worrie" about it for now.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

I'm exited to begin a journey with the Think Bike China initiative. I have given some thought on how to... and decided to do the page on my blog to be informative for the English and Chinese readers. This is not as easy working in Simplified Chinese. For a better translation the sentences must be simplified and short. I suppose it looks a bit weird to the educated reader, but after all the idea is to cross borders and share a initiative.

I've started this morning with a dedicated page on my blog and I can then use pictures as well. You can follow it on this link.
    http://yamahavirago400.blogspot.co.z...out-think.html

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Tour Biker View Post
    I got a fright this morning. The vehicle register office phoned for the reminder of the clearance on the Virago. I know Micheal so nothing serious. I went to the SAPS and they still busy with the process... also nearly forgotten... They will phone back in the week. The only hick-up is the processing definitely needs the bike to be data-dotted. The local doing data dots don't do bikes anymore. Something do to with the kit's expiring or something. Not quite sure. It seems I must saddle up for a trip to CT to have it done. I was just reminded that the clearance must be re-entered on the registration certificate. I wasn't sure on the given "window" for this... but I was reassured not to "worrie" about it for now.
    Kontak www.recoveri.net

Hulle dots en dot kits is die goedkoopste op die mark. Om 'n fiets te dot behoort nie meer as R200 te kos nie, want die kit kos omtrent R100.

Hoekom moet die Virago 'n polisieklaring kry?
    O Captain! My Captain! ...
    ... But I, with silent tread, Walk the spot my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

In loving memory of our Buccaneer: Brian Cannoo 1962 - 2008

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by theRéhann View Post
    Kontak www.recoveri.net

Hulle dots en dot kits is die goedkoopste op die mark. Om 'n fiets te dot behoort nie meer as R200 te kos nie, want die kit kos omtrent R100.

Hoekom moet die Virago 'n polisieklaring kry?
    Die bike was in 2008 ingevoer, waarskynlik 'n 94 model. Aanvanklik is voorvoegsels op die enjin nommer bygekap, maar dit was nie reg gedoen nie en is toe weer gekap bo-aan met een of ander byvoegsel. Gelukkig is die bike reeds op die SAP stelsel. Dit lyk nie goed nie en dit moet weer bevestig word. Die keer kry ek die klaring sertifikaat. Die VIN nommeris nog 'n kort nommer maar weerspieel nie ander kort nommers nie omdat dit letters en syfers bevat. Dit kos nie geld nie, met die uitsondering van die data dots wat intussen 'n vereiste geraak het met sulke gevalle. Dit is nie lastig nie, net tydsaam.

Wat die data dots betref, het "Recoveri" die Loncin gedoen maar is in die Kaap. Die local wat dit doen, doen nie meer bikes nie en was in elk geval ook duur. R 550 vir 'n bike. Die SAP stelsel vereis die data dot nommer om die klaring te prosesseer. Die klaring gaan dan terug en word ingevoer op die natis stelsel.

Dan is die bike once and all 100% reg op die system.

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Tour Biker View Post
    Die SAP stelsel vereis die data dot nommer om die klaring te prosesseer. Die klaring gaan dan terug en word ingevoer op die natis stelsel.
    Ja, ek het op die SABS tegniese komitee gedien wat die standaard geskryf het. Persoonlik dink ek dit was bloot omdat 'n groot microdot-verskaffer die polisie en Business Against Crime omgepraat gekry het om dit te doen.

Dis niks anders as 'n pyn in die gat nie.

En R550 is 'n rip-off.
    O Captain! My Captain! ...
    ... But I, with silent tread, Walk the spot my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

In loving memory of our Buccaneer: Brian Cannoo 1962 - 2008

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by theRéhann View Post
    Ja, ek het op die SABS tegniese komitee gedien wat die standaard geskryf het. Persoonlik dink ek dit was bloot omdat 'n groot microdot-verskaffer die polisie en Business Against Crime omgepraat gekry het om dit te doen.

Dis niks anders as 'n pyn in die gat nie.

En R550 is 'n rip-off.
    Ek kan eintlik dit beter verduidelik met 'n foto, veral noudat ek ook weet wat aangaan. Ek het net die gedeelte van die nommer wat nie bederf is nie, uitgeblok.
    Virago Engin Number 1.jpg
    In 2008 moes die enjin nommer die voorvoegsel "V" kry. Die ou wat dit gedoen het het nie 'n V gehad nie en beluit toe sommer om 'n V te kap met die syfer 1. Dit was duidelik nie aanvaarbaar nie en toe is die V bo-aan gekap met wat ookal daar bo-oor mekaar gekap was.

Die fotos is op die klaring stelsel en word weer opgekyk om te vergelyk dit nou nog so is. En hulle weet ook wie dit so gedoen het. Dis waar die tyds-verloop inkom omdat die mense daagliks honderde klarings moet doen. Die proses is nou naby afgehandel en ek sal die "nitty gritty" van dit alles pos sodra alles klaar is en weet wat was die vereistes en redes en wat ook al.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Ek kry die klaring môre. Sal dan verduidelik wat aangaan en wat die prosesse was, die wat en waarom. Miskien is ek die naweek in die Kaap... Sien jou miskien daar!