Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour Biker

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Extra petrol? Where do you want to go? The moon?

14,5 liters x 25km/l = 360km = VÍr genoeg!
    Moon sounds a bit eensaam... waterfront camping.... aai....
    x5.jpg
    The way to go.... anywhere...

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Waterfront cannot be beaten!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

The purpose of this thread is to post some things on my mind and for a bit of "google" exposure. The Virago blog is slowly picking up hits from all over the world. Thanks to the linking of the Think Bike site.

On the Loncin blog, that is now in the process to become Tour Biker's Adventures, the maintenance page was popular. Thus far on the Virago blog, the Virago Tour Bike & Panniers page is most popular!
    http://yamahavirago400.blogspot.co.z...tour-bike.html

I'll work a bit on the Tour Biker's blog and ultimately change the url. For now it still generate 30 to 40 page views per day and since the Virago blog is linked, that picked up to about 10 to 20 views per day.

These numbers exclude the occasional 40 odd views from this forum when I posted a link.

http://lx250gy.blogspot.co.za/

Thanks for the support in visiting my blogs and it's always nice looking at the dash board that there's activity!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Saturday morning ride and meet other bikers. The Ducati looks nice with matching panniers. The guy riding the 1200 GS showed some reaction to my screen!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

I was a little surprised watching the last video on the big screen. Usually the videos loose like soo many pixels... or whatever in quality that it's terrible on the big screen. The smaller the picture was the better. This time a bit different... The little wide angle lens took like the "blocks" away...
    big screen.jpg

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    2008 CBR600RR, 2014 Fireblade SP
    Region
    Western Cape

Cool video Johan. I enjoyed watching it. More narration about places of interest around the town please.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Cool video Johan. I enjoyed watching it. More narration about places of interest around the town please.
    I'm bad at commentary... The guys doing the Vlogs like Arktic and Viper is good. I was playing a bit radio this morning.Had a bit of activity from Pretoria... HF conditions no good...
    Ham Radio.jpg HF.jpg

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

One shouldn't let a bike stand. The Loncin was standing for a long time and time to take a short ride. I have to say... the Virago rides much better, softer.... on the bum... more ou toppie style. It was a bit fun on the fire breaks. The petrol light was on... for a long time now and I was only riding on fumes...

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

My desktop. I suppose each one's desktop is somewhat his own character... Some cluttered full of stuff, even with some odd picture with it... I hide icons I don't use or seldom use... I like a picture, but smaller and I often work from the desktop, like editing a video and for that, need some screen area without a picture. I often change my desktop to my mood. This is my favorite picture and not quite brilliant white border and grey scale it a bit... This one would keep me in a tour mood!
    My Desktop.jpg
    My other favorite picture to use is this one of Tel Aviv beach... sort of when in religious moods...
    TA1.jpg

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Very nice! My desktop is some promo pic slapped on it by our company IT Nazis.

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda NC750x & Honda NC750xd
    Region
    Free State

The Nazi chooses his own desktop background :evil:

Sent from my Note 3 using TapaTalk
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Keep myself busy... Always fix things around the house. It seems like the screen door thing now. Today just replaced the mosquito net and made a improvement for the cat's door. With summer time here, the mozzies is coming! I want to make a few extra window screens for the bathrooms and so on... My mom is always adding extras... While you do this, just paint the rust on the burglar proofing... maybe fix those cracked tiles... The full time busy, unemployed biker in Ladismith... hehehe
    SD1.JPG SD2.JPG
    (All my pictures should have a bike in it!)

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Did you know... Heater on in summer. It's raining all day. The heater on, not because its cold but it dries the air inside... The mild heat from the heater don't really warm the rooms but take that nasty moist from the air... Not a nice day for biking!
    reen 1.JPG

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

We're getting rain in CT too. It's very, very welcome.

Trip 7s
    Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

We're getting rain in CT too. It's very, very welcome.
    Please redirect to Tshwane

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by colyvon View Post
    Please redirect to Tshwane
    This request is URGENT! I walked outside a while back and could actually smell myself braaiing!

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

Sadly, it didn't stay long.

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Sadly our biker neighbor moved. I'm already missing the biker chat and the roar of the Burgmann 650. Even that I flooded the old horse dam twice a week it wasn't enough to keep the criminals away. Burgmann650 endured break-ins making it just too much!

Our house was build in 1860 and my place to be horse stables. The empty property next door used to be a dam filled by the servitude irrigation system. In the 60's that house was build and elevated above the water table. The problem is the bush- sleepers moving in and even turning that house water off stealing taps copper pipes and whatever.

Burgmann had dogs that gave us warning of potential criminals. Now we have to be the dogs, and necessary to fix up the rifle "falling plate" boxes again. They don't like those and quickly move on when the falling plates drop.
    2.JPG 3.JPG 1.JPG 4.JPG

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

the rifle "falling plate" boxes again. They don't like those and quickly move on when the falling plates drop.
    Tell us more about this?

Adventure Biker
    Bike
    Yamaha
    Region
    Western Cape

Tell us more about this?
    We set up "deterrents" to keep the bush sleepers off the property. In the "rain" picture of previously, you'll see our irrigation dam. There's a pump connected with sprayers all along the fence. We learned they don't like water, and should they move on the boundary, we just start the pump. I keep the bushes flooded, they can't "nest" there. In the evenings they come onto the property. Break into the cars parked at the back from clients. The security lights warn me when they in. One box is set up on 50 m and the other one 30 m. From dead rest I just shoot the falling plate. He's confused, knowing someone is shooting... They don't like it. The far box has a trip wire... fishing line and that would also drop the plate. With a 4x32 scope, I hit the plate 8 from 10 shots, never missed the box front. The purpose is not to injure the guy but chase him away.
    FP1.JPG FP2.JPG
    By the way, the fall plate is 10 cm x 10 cm or 10 cm diameter.