Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki Gixer 150 - quick impressions

Bike
    Duke 390 - UAE
    Region
    Outside South Africa

I must say when I saw it in the picture on the dyno, i had to double check it wasnt one of its bigger siblings. I went back to the top pics to check it the same bike :P

Slow Searcher
    Bike
    Triumph Sprint GT 1050 Ver2.0 (Guiliana)
    Region
    Gauteng

Banditman, so true about everything you said.

People must also remember that today's market is influenced and fueled by many factors, and for people to be calling these smaller bikes "super bike wannabees" is really just a slap in the face to those who can't afford anything bigger to belong in the "big bike club"

When buying a bike (or cage) the cosmetics and aesthetics make a huge part in the decision as to what a person is going to buy.

Between 16 and 18, mommy and daddy are going to be paying anyway, so squid will have take what he get's as he is no position to make demands and any respectable parent who knows the law won't buy their kid a 150cc as it will be illegal.

From 18 onwards, when people start working and can start to afford a bike for which they pay themselves, is when conscious decisions are made as to price vs looks vs power out vs specifications etc etc.

Even at being the 4th cheapest it is still the best looking of the cheapest bikes and personally I would spend the few extra $$$ to ride a bike that I like instead of something that's the cheapest just because the price vs looks vs power out vs specifications don't make sense for a more expensive model. And it is with that mentality Suzuki have come up with this brilliant like bike that will turn heads and open people's wallets. Who cares if it's a "wannabee"??? It looks hot!!!

Don't take life too seriously....nobody gets out alive!!!

Bike
    Duke 390 - UAE
    Region
    Outside South Africa

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ied/30631.html

So it seems there might be a bigger brother on the way :P