Thread: Honda nc700 - Replacement Key

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    ninja 250r - sold :( NC700x :D
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Honda nc700 - Replacement Key

Hey all,

So this morning my key decided to snap off while opening the back for petrol

so anyway now i need a replacement, they are pretty standrd and i cant see that they have transponders in or anything so wondering if it is worth going to the agents or elsewhere?

Thx

Bike
    Honda CB1000R
    Region
    Gauteng

the new Hondas all have ID46 Transponder in the keys. you should have programmed one when you had that one as now it will cost you alot. I know Cayenne charge 550 for a key without programming.
    "If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone." Burt Munro

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Daryldp View Post
    the new Hondas all have ID46 Transponder in the keys. you should have programmed one when you had that one as now it will cost you alot. I know Cayenne charge 550 for a key without programming.
    I really cant see how these keys have a transponder, and i have the spare that i am using as of this morning.

my key looks like this: (but obviously cut)

Bike
    Honda CB1000R
    Region
    Gauteng

those keys have the transponder in. its the same key that I have. I made a programming loom that uses the Crank position sensor to program a key using a key that is already programmed. on the replacement key you lift the honda badge then there is a small screw that you undo and the blade is then able to be removed. the Chip is inside the key next to the blade.
    "If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone." Burt Munro

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

those keys have the transponder in. its the same key that I have. I made a programming loom that uses the Crank position sensor to program a key using a key that is already programmed. on the replacement key you lift the honda badge then there is a small screw that you undo and the blade is then able to be removed. the Chip is inside the key next to the blade.
    So in theory could I have a replacement key cut and then use the transponder from my now broken key?

Bike
    Honda CB1000R
    Region
    Gauteng

Is your broken key an original or a replacement key? the original key is molded to the blade. the replacment keys are able to be removed. have a look where the blade comes out. if you can see the blade and like a small black plastic section next to the blade then you can swap the blades. and then make another spare.

Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

I just read on a UK NC 700 forum that if you have the original key head on the keyring with a standard key, it should work. Might be worth trying.

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    2008 CBR600RR, 2014 Fireblade SP
    Region
    Western Cape

Read up on HISS

Bike
    Honda CB1000R
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by colyvon View Post
    I just read on a UK NC 700 forum that if you have the original key head on the keyring with a standard key, it should work. Might be worth trying.

This does work. I tried it with my bike with a blank(no chip) key and put my original next to the key and it started. You can then take the key away and it should keep running.

If you want to borrow my loom just give me a shout.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Is your broken key an original or a replacement key? the original key is molded to the blade. the replacment keys are able to be removed. have a look where the blade comes out. if you can see the blade and like a small black plastic section next to the blade then you can swap the blades. and then make another spare.
    both the broken key and my spare are originals.

Quote Originally Posted by colyvon View Post
    This does work. I tried it with my bike with a blank(no chip) key and put my original next to the key and it started. You can then take the key away and it should keep running.

If you want to borrow my loom just give me a shout.
    Thanks I apprecaite that I might need to have a new one made and then program it, really don't feel like paying their exorbitant amounts for programming

Bike
    Honda CB1000R
    Region
    Gauteng

is your spare key programmed? if so then just get a blank. I can get the chips for 50 Randelas.

then it will take 5 min to program. really simple.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

is your spare key programmed? if so then just get a blank. I can get the chips for 50 Randelas.

then it will take 5 min to program. really simple.
    yeah my spare is working fine so I assume it is programmed then, it got me to work at least

Bike
    Honda CB1000R
    Region
    Gauteng

Well then its not too bad SiR just get a blank with a chip and make another spare or two, maybe three...hehe.

I put my original away and use my spare.

F...R...U...N...K M...E Booster's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda NC750X
    Region
    Western Cape

[QUOTE=Daryldp;1138686]I made a programming loom that uses the Crank position sensor to program a key using a key that is already programmed. [QUOTE]

Hi Daryl

Is having a loom like that legal? and is it a good idea to admit it on an open forum?

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Well then its not too bad SiR just get a blank with a chip and make another spare or two, maybe three...hehe.

I put my original away and use my spare.
    awesome, when you say blanks do you mean cut from honda? i.e at R550 or so a peice? and then i can get a chips and we can program it?

using the new spare would then be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post

Hi Daryl

Is having a loom like that legal? and is it a good idea to admit it on an open forum?
    popo alert!

Bike
    Honda CB1000R
    Region
    Gauteng

[QUOTE=Booster;1138700][QUOTE=Daryldp;1138686]I made a programming loom that uses the Crank position sensor to program a key using a key that is already programmed.

Hi Daryl

Why would it be Illegal? is it illegal to own a timing light? is it illegal to own an OBD11 sensor or a VAG reader?

If it in fact is illegal then I was merely stating that I would like such a mentioned loom....

Bike
    Honda CB1000R
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    awesome, when you say blanks do you mean cut from honda? i.e at R550 or so a peice? and then i can get a chips and we can program it?

using the new spare would then be a good idea.
    I am heading to my connection in a few minutes I will see if he has the blanks for cheaper. When I was looking Caynenne had blanks from Honda uncut unprogrammed for 550 a piece. I can check for you at my connection if you like? he has many vehicle keys etc.

Bike
    NC700 white - RIP. NC700 - silver, R1200 LC GSA - Blue
    Region
    Gauteng

On the NC whatsapp group they mentioned that they use a Nissan blank to cut a new key at most locksmiths.

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

I am heading to my connection in a few minutes I will see if he has the blanks for cheaper. When I was looking Caynenne had blanks from Honda uncut unprogrammed for 550 a piece. I can check for you at my connection if you like? he has many vehicle keys etc.

Please if you can.

once I have that where could i get it cut, at any normal locksmith?

F...R...U...N...K M...E Booster's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda NC750X
    Region
    Western Cape

[QUOTE=Daryldp;1138702][QUOTE=Booster;1138700]
    I made a programming loom that uses the Crank position sensor to program a key using a key that is already programmed.

Why would it be Illegal? is it illegal to own a timing light? is it illegal to own an OBD11 sensor or a VAG reader?

If it in fact is illegal then I was merely stating that I would like such a mentioned loom....
    I was just concerned for you mate.