Thread: Please Becarefull : Bikers Robbed at Gun Point at William Nicole Intersections

Bike
    Yamaha YZF R6
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Please Becarefull : Bikers Robbed at Gun Point at William Nicole Intersections

I'm not here
    Bike
    NEED TO REPLACE
    Region
    Gauteng

Well maybe, if there has been a few incidents, put an unmark unit there to catch the thugs, before this escalates to a big mess.

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Alexj View Post
    Well maybe, if there has been a few incidents, put an unmark unit there to catch the thugs, before this escalates to a big mess.
    That would be the correct solution but I can bet they would far rather put a sign up warning that it is a high crime area and leave it at that....

Bike
    Honda NC700X
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That would be the correct solution but I can bet they would far rather put a sign up warning that it is a high crime area and leave it at that....
    Correct. That intersection has been earmarked as a smash and grab hot spot so Metro and the police have done their part (marked it as high risk).
    Unfortunately in SA they would rather trap 150 m down the road and get the income (and bribes) than try and catch the thieves.
    I should know, I drive by another smash and grab hot spot and they trap at least twice a week less than 200 m down the road...
    For some there's therapy, for the rest of us there's riding!

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by RyC View Post
    Correct. That intersection has been earmarked as a smash and grab hot spot so Metro and the police have done their part (marked it as high risk).
    Unfortunately in SA they would rather trap 150 m down the road and get the income (and bribes) than try and catch the thieves.
    I should know, I drive by another smash and grab hot spot and they trap at least twice a week less than 200 m down the road...
    Aaaah but you see the people that speed do not carry illegal firearms that they are willing to use at the slightest provocation....
    and actually they are only taking pictures of the speedsters so there no confrontation and they are allowed to speed on...
    But most importantly they are generating a much needed revenue by taking pictures of speedsters...
    Well at least from the 10% or so who actually pay their fines...

Bike
    Sym CityCom 300i
    Region
    Western Cape

Aaaah but you see the people that speed do not carry illegal firearms that they are willing to use at the slightest provocation....
    and actually they are only taking pictures of the speedsters so there no confrontation and they are allowed to speed on...
    But most importantly they are generating a much needed revenue by taking pictures of speedsters...
    Well at least from the 10% or so who actually pay their fines...
    You're missing the point. People manning speed cameras work for a private company who greased someone's palms to get the contract. This leaves more time under a tree to sleep and play with their mobiles, as well as 'inspect' vehicles for KFC contributions.

Bike
    Sym CityCom 300i
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by 200ts View Post
    Typical copy and paste response from our incompetent police. Useless article warns, but doesn't offer a solution. People should slow down and yield at the intersection.

I'm not here
    Bike
    NEED TO REPLACE
    Region
    Gauteng

Ja I agree Mark, and cheaper

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

5 of the 7 responses lambast the SAPS. Really helpful.

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    5 of the 7 responses lambast the SAPS. Really helpful.
    SAPS Really?
    Where was the SAPS ever mentioned besides by yourself?

Bike
    Sym CityCom 300i
    Region
    Western Cape

SAPS Really?
    ME, ME, (Wave) ME!! I did it. I called them police. Police sometimes respond to crimes being reported. The majority are incompetent. Expecting the contracted speed camera guys or traffics to investigate a hijacking won't happen. Metro's possibly. In my opinion both traffics and police are generally incompetent, mainly due to restrictions by senior ranks and useless laws, as well as too much KFC.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

SAPS Really?
    Funny guy! As always!

Who, pray do tell, are you clever kids discussing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexj
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    The Ghostbusters?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    ME, ME, (Wave) ME!! I did it. I called them police. Police sometimes respond to crimes being reported. The majority are incompetent. Expecting the contracted speed camera guys or traffics to investigate a hijacking won't happen. Metro's possibly. In my opinion both traffics and police are generally incompetent, mainly due to restrictions by senior ranks and useless laws, as well as too much KFC.
    Ah! Do teach Mark a bit about honesty, would you?

Anyway, so we stick 4 incompetent and useless cops on that street corner. The robber move to the next street corner and in the meantime, 45 people a day are murdered in SA because the total of the police force to prevent that is now X incompetent cops - 4 incompetent cops. Lo and behold, while they are sitting at the intersection, heaven forbid, a KFC may well get robbed.

Bike
    Sym CityCom 300i
    Region
    Western Cape

Anyway, so we stick 4 incompetent and useless cops on that street corner. The robber move to the next street corner and in the meantime, 45 people a day are murdered in SA because the total of the police force to prevent that is now X incompetent cops - 4 incompetent cops. Lo and behold, while they are sitting at the intersection, heaven forbid, a KFC may well get robbed.
    Neva! Even the bad guys know that there will always be a traffic/SAPS within spitting distance of any KFC. Besides, some of them are in cahoots with the criminals.
    Oh, and both traffics and SAPS have unmarked vehicles. In Cape Town they call them the Ghost Squad, so Ghostbusters was close. Also, it is the incompetent municipalities job to erect signs, I have never seen a traffic or SAPS erect anything, especially a municipal sign.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Neva! Even the bad guys know that there will always be a traffic/SAPS within spitting distance of any KFC. Besides, some of them are in cahoots with the criminals.
    Oh, and both traffics and SAPS have unmarked vehicles. In Cape Town they call them the Ghost Squad, so Ghostbusters was close. Also, it is the incompetent municipalities job to erect signs, I have never seen a traffic or SAPS erect anything, especially a municipal sign.
    True that! KFC is the only place where I feel complete safe.

I'm not here
    Bike
    NEED TO REPLACE
    Region
    Gauteng

True that! KFC is the only place where I feel complete safe.
    except for the guy in the back washing the chicken with a hose pipe on the ground in the dirt....

I'm not here
    Bike
    NEED TO REPLACE
    Region
    Gauteng

Funny guy! As always!

I said maybe, I'm not a cop and don't have an areas of expertise in catching thugs, (up to me would just shoot the bastards) but probably why I won't pass the police test thing... lol

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Alexj View Post
    I said maybe, I'm not a cop and don't have an areas of expertise in catching thugs, (up to me would just shoot the bastards) but probably why I won't pass the police test thing... lol
    Note! Is did say 5 out of 7. There is a possibility that your post may well be in the 2 out of 7 category ....

Bike
    Honda CBR600F
    Region
    Gauteng

For all the repetition of this article, there didn't seem to be much in the way of actual confirmation.
    I'm not too certain that there were actually multiple occurrences.
    Four wheels move the Body; Two wheels move the Soul
    Fuelly: CBR600F Ninja 250R

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    For all the repetition of this article, there didn't seem to be much in the way of actual confirmation.
    I'm not too certain that there were actually multiple occurrences.
    +1