Thread: Newbie to the forum

Lurker
    Bike
    Triumph Explorer 1200
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Newbie to the forum

Hi All,

I have a question that I hope someone can give advise with. I have a little vibration in my mirrors when I get to around 125/ 130km/h but if I ride faster, like over 145 / 160km/h the vibration in the mirror disappears.. My thoughts are that one of my tires needs to be balanced? Am I correct or is there something else I need to look at? If I am correct in terms of the balancing where is a good place to take the bike so they can balance the tires accordingly? (I reside in Centurion)

Appreciate it if someone can confirm or deny my thoughts .

Thanks!

R,
    Bruce

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Region
    Gauteng

Also have a bit of vibration in mirrors but its not major so haven't worried about it. Just a thought, is the vibration related to your engine RPM or to your speed? Does travelling at the same rpm in a different gear also cause the vibration? My vibration happens at around 6500 rpm, above or below that it stops. In this case, I would say the vibration could possibly be due to the structure of the bike/mirrors, that it tends to vibrate at a certain engine speed.

Any way hopefully there is someone else here with a Triumph Explorer 1200 who can comment on whether this is a general characteristic or not