Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 242

Thread: Biker shot in road rage - Malibongwe Drive - Douglas Pearce

  1. #121
    Cougar bait! FH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Bike
    ZX14
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have yet to see a knife go off accidentally and kill or injure someone....
    And a helmet head butt won't be accidental either
    I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.

  2. #122
    Biker Trash WarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Point is with gun it is very easy to escalate an already volatile situation into something that end very badly.
    It is very easy to pull a gun out and pull the trigger....
    It is not so easy to beat the living daylight out of someone...

    I have still to see one valid reason for carrying a firearm to work.
    I was told the 100's of reasons but still nobody can give me even one reason that justifies it.
    Because it is very bad for your health to get back from work and you find 4 ***s busy with a home invasion in your own home planning to have unconsentual sex with your wife or daughter. Also wanting to take your cool ****. While your piece is lying safely in the safe. It is, because of this reason I leave my house with a loaded gun and return with a gun.
    Last edited by theRéhann; 17-02-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: because we are not going to go racist on this, believe me...

  3. #123
    GoogleBoy Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Bike
    Honda CBR600F
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
    Try and drop it on your foot.

    Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
    Unlikely to result in any real injury unless you're barefoot and it lands at the right angle. In that case even a gun could hurt more. 1kg of metal can cause a lot of blunt trauma.
    Four wheels move the Body; Two wheels move the Soul
    Fuelly: CBR600F Ninja 250R

  4. #124
    GoogleBoy Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Bike
    Honda CBR600F
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FH View Post
    And a helmet head butt won't be accidental either
    But so much easier to avoid than a bullet.
    Four wheels move the Body; Two wheels move the Soul
    Fuelly: CBR600F Ninja 250R

  5. #125
    Biker Trash WarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have yet to see a knife go off accidentally and kill or injure someone....
    My guns must be all faulty, because they have never gone off accidentally and kill or injure some one.

  6. #126
    Biker Trash WarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    I plan on getting a firearm some day, but not yet.
    Currently I'm unlikely to be in a position where I HAVE to stop to defend myself or my family, so I'm more likely to fire a weapon in anger than defense.

    The whole sport-shooting thing sounds intersting though, and that might be my reason for getting a weapon.
    Then I'll be more likely to use it for things other than shooting in anger.
    Sport shooting gives you plenty trigger time and it helps with gun safety and discipline. Not to be mistaken for real training which should also be regularly done if you own a gun.

  7. #127
    Biker Trash WarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    837

    Default

    This is what a knife can do:

    Not for the faint hearted and very graphic.

    http://seasonedcitizenprepper.com/tag/knife-wounds/

  8. #128
    Irish T-Bag Oisin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Bike
    Harley, Ducati, BMW plus a few more
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Unlikely to result in any real injury unless you're barefoot and it lands at the right angle. In that case even a gun could hurt more. 1kg of metal can cause a lot of blunt trauma.
    Yeah sure, and it is a silly argument anyway.

    Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #129
    N.O.B. CycleJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    4 Ways, Gauteng
    Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800XC; Siouxsie Suzuki DR650; Honda CR125; Specialised Peloton; Tommasini; Momsen 29'e
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    . With everything there is a certain amount of responsibility. Carrying a gun means you shoot with it regularly, you train with it regularly Unfortunately many (if not most firearm users do not! (Full marks to those who do - like riding practise is essential) and you make sure you know when and how to use it. You get your mindset right. That is what the law requires. Carrying a gun means that you don't get involved in stupid road rage incidents, you become a responsible citizen. You don't argue with the bank clerk or blow your top about petty ****. This is an unfortunate incident but the guns didn't cause the incident. I have seen a man beaten close to death with a bar stool and also a guy who's head was repeatedly bashed in against a pavement. Now taking a piece of concrete or taking "the head" to the pavement is the same thing and result in the same outcome. I was also very privileged to see a guy that got cut up with court bottle neck. If there was a gun, knife or baseball bat in any of these incidents surely they would have also been used. The problem is not the tool that used, it is the psychopath behind the tool.

    Both of these guys were irresponsible to get involved in such an incident. It should have never happened. Cagers drive like dicks and bikers as well. It just doesn't pay to get involved in stupid incidents that can lead to years of troubles.

    If you want a reason why you want to carry a gun 24/7 just look at the news. You get sheep and sheepdog which one do you want to be? I carry a gun, because I don't like to see my 3 year old daughter getting boiled in bath water because some sick bastard thinks it is fun to do.
    Bottom line: any conflict will use whatever weapons are at hand. Avoid the conflict. I train and train (observation, unarmed and armed with whatever is to hand) so as to be able never to have to, but also for when I cannot. So far I have *won* all my fights by 100m... I intend to keep it that way.
    Hoo Haa

  10. #130
    Meme Mumbler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    My guns must be all faulty, because they have never gone off accidentally and kill or injure some one.
    Lets hope it never happens either....

  11. #131
    Biker Trash WarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CycleJunkie View Post
    Bottom line: any conflict will use whatever weapons are at hand. Avoid the conflict. I train and train (observation, unarmed and armed with whatever is to hand) so as to be able never to have to, but also for when I cannot. So far I have *won* all my fights by 100m... I intend to keep it that way.
    +1000

    The best fight you have won is fight you are not involved in. Or the one you evade asap.

  12. #132
    Biker Trash WarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Lets hope it never happens either....
    We can only hope . . .

  13. #133
    Biker Trash Gelmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alberton
    Bike
    Scarlet - Honda NC700X
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Mark, you make your point abundantly clear that you think guns are a bad idea, but you keep changing your reasons for thinking so. You're entitled to your opinion but will fail to convince anyone with a different one to yours that you're right.

    I have a .38 and carried it on my person 24/7 when I lived in the KZN midlands and worked in a family-owned store that was situated in a taxi rank. I carried it openly, as well as the 12 gauge pump action every morning when opening and closing up. You know what, it acted as a deterrent, as it was intended to. We never got robbed once, while every one around us (mainly Indian stores - where they don't believe in guns) got robbed all the time. So, fight fire with fire. There is one a good reason for you.

    The store did get robbed once, at night while we were home. We were alerted to the break-in and responded. We got to the store and interrupted the perps while they were in the act. One ran, and I had a clear shot at him. I knelt behind a concrete bollard, took aim and ... wait for it ... thought of the consequences of my actions.
    Was I in immediate danger at that moment justifying firing a shot ? - No
    Was there a chance I could miss and hit some innocent person on the other side of the road - yes
    Did he have his back at me, running away? - yes
    Was there a chance he could fire back at me? - yes (which is why I was behind the bollard)

    Did I pull the trigger ? No

    My point is, every situation is unique and you can not tell people you should have done this or rather done that.
    Responsible gun use is a choice, so no, guns don't kill people. People kill people

    Have you ever been attacked at work and stabbed with a knife? Well I have and if I had my gun on me I would have shot the bastard, but I didn't and was lucky to have escaped with my life. Using a gun as a tool to intimidate other is wrong and that person should never have been awarded a license, but unfortunately we live in a twisted society and if you don;t take steps to safeguard yourself and those you love, no one else will.

    So don't ask why people carry guns on them because you never know when you might NEED one.

  14. #134
    AMZ and Moose fan!

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paarl
    Bike
    BMW S1000R, K1300S
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have yet to see a knife go off accidentally and kill or injure someone....
    and once again ................. just how often does this really happen compared to people who consume alcohol and then go swimming and drown. You are basing your entire belief on incidents sensationalised by the anti gun lobby and not on reality.

    Just how many stories do you see in the media about legal and justifiable gun use saving a family ................ nada ........... but it happens almost every week.

    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws (criminals) will have guns ............. and then we are all pretty much screwed.

  15. #135
    Nuon Fangirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    39,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have still to see one valid reason for carrying a firearm to work.
    I was told the 100's of reasons but still nobody can give me even one reason that justifies it.
    What makes you believe you are important enough to demand a reason and then shoot any reason anyone gives you down in flames? I tend to agree with you on taking a gun to work, but you know what, it is NONE of our business what a licensed firearm owner does with his gun, or where he takes it.

  16. #136
    Biker Trash WarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Hog View Post
    and once again ................. just how often does this really happen compared to people who consume alcohol and then go swimming and drown. You are basing your entire belief on incidents sensationalised by the anti gun lobby and not on reality.

    Just how many stories do you see in the media about legal and justifiable gun use saving a family ................ nada ........... but it happens almost every week.

    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws (criminals) will have guns ............. and then we are all pretty much screwed.
    Awesome!

  17. #137
    AMZ and Moose fan!

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paarl
    Bike
    BMW S1000R, K1300S
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    What makes you believe you are important enough to demand a reason and then shoot any reason anyone gives you down in flames? I tend to agree with you on taking a gun to work, but you know what, it is NONE of our business what a licensed firearm owner does with his gun, or where he takes it.
    Also depends what work you do. I have a predominantly cash business, this makes me a target. I live in an isolated area, no neighbours to hear me scream. I have had a farm attack involving 12 perpetrators, if I was not armed ............. well. I also carry when off the farm for a whole host of reasons based an events that have occured to me. What Mark is basically saying is that I should rather be the victim and be dead by now, because that is the reality had I not been carrying a firearm at the time.

    Whats absolutely mind boggling is that Mark own a gun, locked in a safe, bought for 'self defence'. If you buy a gun for 'self defence' surely, with all the red tape involved, you would consider you purchase and the consequences thereof very carefully. Mark's self defence locked in the safe is obviously meant to throw at people or wave unloaded in their general direction, this is sadly the type of gun owner who gets shot with his own weapon and becomes front page news for the anti's.

    Be safe Mark, but if you own a gun, be prepared to use it, or sell it, there is no middle ground. Those 3am visitors will make you open your safe, take the gun and use it on you .......... sell the damn thing.

  18. #138
    Nuon Fangirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    39,075

    Default

    The reason why I don't need a gun is because of my security signs on my gate.

    "My neighbour is a paid up member of GunFreeSA"

  19. #139
    Smooth bottomed bunny hugger Brendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Midrand
    Bike
    Bikeless
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    9,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Because it is very bad for your health to get back from work and you find 4 BG's busy with a home invasion in your own home planning to have unconsentual sex with your wife or daughter. Also wanting to take your cool ****. While your piece is lying safely in the safe. It is, because of this reason I leave my house with a loaded gun and return with a gun.
    Most incidents happen as you are leaving, or arriving home...


    Mark... there are your 100 reasons if you really want them.

    I ain't gonna feed the troll any more. Stop being a flippen Lemming, and wake up!

  20. #140
    Meme Mumbler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    I seemed to have touched a nerve here.
    Everyone seems to be getting very emotional.
    Mostly the firearm carrying people.... which is a little concerning...
    How much does it take to push your buttons until rage over takes you?
    Does it depend on how bad or good your day has been ?

    Yes I actually own several firearms and would defend to the death your right to carry your firearms.

    Is it always a good idea to carry a firearm?
    I think it is debatable...

    If 5 guys with AK47's approach you and you pull out your firearm....
    I doubt you are going to make much difference in whether you live or die.
    It will boil down to luck.

    Firearms by their nature are dangerous and that is responsibility one must accept if you chose to own one.

    There are many other means by which to secure your safety and a firearm is the last resort when all else fails.

    Yes there might be 100's of reasons to carry a firearm but there are also as many reasons not to carry one.

    As long as you are prepared to live with the consequences of your actions and you make an informed decision then you are free to do as you see fit.

    All I am saying it THINK!
    Think Bike
    Think Gun

    But most importantly THINK!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •