Smooth bottomed bunny hugger Brendon's Avatar
    Bike
    Bikeless
    Region
    Gauteng

Name:  NHE-18490_300.gif
Views: 27
Size:  8.5 KB

Mark ... again... do not assume we are irrate, nor assume that we are 'Gung-ho Rambo types' either.

Generalize much?

It takes a lot to **** me off... and even then, it does not mean that I will pull a firearm...

Firearms are NOT dangerous. Is is just a lump of steel and plastic (polymer ... in the case of Glocks. M&P's and the new CZ's). It doesn't 'just go off' by itself... nor does it kill people by itself...

Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I seemed to have touched a nerve here.
    Everyone seems to be getting very emotional.
    Mostly the firearm carrying people.... which is a little concerning...
    And you can tell this how? You might make assumptions here. It is the same as me assuming you are an idiot after just reading a couple of you post. Not that I'm saying you are one . . .

Bike
    Bikeless
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    And you can tell this how? You might make assumptions here. It is the same as me assuming you are an idiot after just reading a couple of you post. Not that I'm saying you are one . . .
    Ya... it seems that holding a discussion\debate automatically equates to an 'argument' with some people?

Weird that.

Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
    Ya... it seems that holding a discussion\debate automatically equates to an 'argument' with some people?

Weird that.
    Can't understand that either. And then all the assumptions.

Cheeky!
    Bike
    Kawazaki Er6n
    Region
    Gauteng

Owning a firearm is like owning ATGATT, ATGATT is of no use to you, sitting in your cupboard well you are on your bike, you bought your ATGATT to protect you in the event something could go wrong, no different to why people buy firearms.

Grammar Nazi (Wish I was a biker) Buelligan's Avatar
    Bike
    XTaZee
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
    Most incidents happen as you are leaving, or arriving home...

Mark... there are your 100 reasons if you really want them.

I ain't gonna feed the troll any more. Stop being a flippen Lemming, and wake up!
    I do not own a firearm but agree with your last statement....

The problem in this situation actually has nothing to do with guns and more to do with people venting their anger and, if I am understanding what happened in this situation correctly, taking revenge. Would the rider have been alive were there no guns ? Most likely he would be. But in this case it would appear as if he did not even fire a shot....

The issue here is that people overreacted to the situation at hand and we will only "know" what happened when the matter goes to court.

Blaming guns as the cause of the problem is a classic case of misdirection. The problem here is that the driver and the rider over reacted to the situation and now one life is lost and another in serious dwang. Two sets of lives messed up due to loss of self control...

I hope I am never in a situation where I would regret not having a gun, but at this point don't feel the need to have one, maybe I am a sheep. But, should I ever feel the need to purchase a gun, you can bet that it will not always be locked in a safe...
    Looking for a new onw...some Mad Scot stole mine

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
    I do not own a firearm but agree with your last statement....

The problem in this situation actually has nothing to do with guns and more to do with people venting their anger and, if I am understanding what happened in this situation correctly, taking revenge. Would the rider have been alive were there no guns ? Most likely he would be. But in this case it would appear as if he did not even fire a shot....

The issue here is that people overreacted to the situation at hand and we will only "know" what happened when the matter goes to court.

Blaming guns as the cause of the problem is a classic case of misdirection. The problem here is that the driver and the rider over reacted to the situation and now one life is lost and another in serious dwang
    +1000.

It is shocking that a minor road grievance (had to be minor as there was no accident) could escalate to a level where someone feels the need to stop to address the issue, never mind pulling out guns.

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

And apparently I am a lemming....

But it is all good natured banter right?

At least if anything I got some of you to think today.

Bike
    BMW F800 ST
    Region
    Gauteng

The carrying of a gun I have no problem with. Guns do not kill people, its the person behind the gun that does. Wonder what the outcome of this incident would have been if there were no guns involved.....would both individuals still pulled off the road ? Did the fact that both were armed made them "brave" enough to confront each other ? I have been asking myself these questions since the incident.

Bike
    CBR600F
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Maars View Post
    The carrying of a gun I have no problem with. Guns do not kill people, its the person behind the gun that does. Wonder what the outcome of this incident would have been if there were no guns involved.....would both individuals still pulled off the road ? Did the fact that both were armed made them "brave" enough to confront each other ? I have been asking myself these questions since the incident.
    +1Doubt it would have escalated that far.

Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    +1000.

It is shocking that a minor road grievance (had to be minor as there was no accident) could escalate to a level where someone feels the need to stop to address the issue, never mind pulling out guns.
    How do adults get so angry over a piece of road? It is shocking behavior. If there is one lesson to be learnt; do not get involved in petty nonsense on the road.

Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by DeTour View Post
    +1Doubt it would have escalated that far.
    And you can tell this with what information? Do you know these people? People have been beaten to death, like I said. With a pavement.

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    And you can tell this with what information? Do you know these people? People have been beaten to death, like I said. With a pavement.
    Well based on the news articles and the eye witness accounts the biker was returning to his bike when he was shot from behind....
    Chances are good if the shooter used a piece of pavement the biker would have been able to defend himself....
    but for that matter the shooter could have used his car to run the biker over.... which he might also have survived..

Just my little lemming brain at work here...

Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng

Well based on the news articles and the eye witness accounts the biker was returning to his bike when he was shot from behind....
    Chances are good if the shooter used a piece of pavement the biker would have been able to defend himself....
    but for that matter the shooter could have used his car to run the biker over.... which he might also have survived..

And you can tell this by reading all the sketchy reports? You are assuming to much.

Bike
    Bikeless
    Region
    Gauteng

Ag... please pull up your big girl panties already...

Sheep, lemming, same thing...

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

N00b
    Bike
    Dakar 650 RIP, KTM 990 SMT, Now BMW 1200 GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Wrong to generalise, but as a nation we do seem to change into different, and much more aggressive, animals as soon as we get on four or two wheels. Pick your reason: national psychosis, general lawlessness, baseline levels of anger and irritation......And certainly, guns turned this situation from a mildly unpleasant altercation to one with one person dead and another's life effectively wrecked.

As far as firearms are concerned though, my feeling is best described by " It's better to have one and not to need it than to need one and not to have it."

Bike
    BMX
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by mogwai View Post
    As far as firearms are concerned though, my feeling is best described by " It's better to have one and not to need it than to need one and not to have it."
    Amen to that.

Capt Grumpy - The Comedian
    Bike
    R1200R
    Region
    Gauteng

Now, when I strap on my iron, I tend to be even more careful with my "temper". If I pull my weapon, I will fire it, there is no other reason for it to clear the holster. Unlike my mouth, which I can and do use on occasions when it should not be. However I have never killed any one with words.
    Spent my therapy money on a K1200S
    Therapy must have worked, bought a GS
    Insanity crept back in, in the shape of an R1200R

Bike
    Bikeless
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Now, when I strap on my iron, I tend to be even more careful with my "temper". If I pull my weapon, I will fire it, there is no other reason for it to clear the holster. Unlike my mouth, which I can and do use on occasions when it should not be. However I have never killed any one with words.
    Ed Zachary ...