Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki ER-6F......... Any experiences?

Bike
    Kawi Ninja EX300
    Region
    Western Cape

Bug Kawasaki ER-6F......... Any experiences?

Looking to buy the below baby.

Anyone ridden one before? What is your opinion?

Good or bad, i would love to hear what you think

Lady xx
    Kawasaki Ninja EX300 2014: Mary Jane
    Purebred Appaloosa: North Ridge Phoenix ♥

https://ladyllama.webs.com/Ride.jpg

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Depending on what your needs are, you can't go wrong with this. mid-sized Kwacker. Excellent all rounders and reasonably well priced.

Bike
    ZX14
    Region
    Gauteng

AAANNNNDDDDDD.................no one ever complains of oil leaks on THOSE
    I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.

Bike
    Kawi Ninja EX300
    Region
    Western Cape

Primary transport to work. About 35km one way.
    Melkbos to Bellville. West Coast Road, N7, Contermanskloof, Racecourse Road, etc.

I just don't think the 300cc is worth it's price when compared to this one

Bike
    Kawi Ninja EX300
    Region
    Western Cape

Hahaha, well that would be a plus point for me indeed!! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FH View Post
    AAANNNNDDDDDD.................no one ever complains of oil leaks on THOSE

Bike
    Kawi Ninja EX300
    Region
    Western Cape

Any comments on it's performance?

Bike
    ZX14
    Region
    Gauteng

It's a commuter, it goes, it stops, it uses less fuel than cage....................it comes in BLUE, it'll do breakfast run and get you into trouble in a 60 zone..................you can have AZ work onnit...........he LOVES Kawasakis..............if you are comfortable sitting onnit and it makes you look good...........no wait, that's HD advice, just ask LH
    I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.

Bike
    Kawi Ninja EX300
    Region
    Western Cape

Hahaha, that post is legend! Will need to see what colours the 2014 model comes out in though, they are currently out of stock of 2012 and 2013. Very disappointing!

i get into trouble in a 60 zone with my poegie, i very much hope this bike can do the same!! ;)

Hopefully going to check out some bikes again shortly, perhaps a pic or two is in order!

Thanks FH, your response made me smile

It's a commuter, it goes, it stops, it uses less fuel than cage....................it comes in BLUE, it'll do breakfast run and get you into trouble in a 60 zone..................you can have AZ work onnit...........he LOVES Kawasakis..............if you are comfortable sitting onnit and it makes you look good...........no wait, that's HD advice, just ask LH

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Faster than a scooter, slower than the space shuttle. Nice powerband. Easy to ride slow, but can scare your undergarments to a different colour.

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

I owned a 2006 model which I bought new and did quite a couple of thousand km's on.
    Even with my a pillion on board it still performed very well.
    It did 0 to 100 km/h in about 4.5 secs and topped out at about 200 km/h (showed 220 on the speedo).
    Very easy to ride and forgiving.
    It never gave me any problems.
    The only things I did not like was the mirrors which were useless and all I ever saw were my shoulders and the seat was a touch too hard for long distances.
    Otherwise I really enjoyed the bike.

Az Dawg

Bike
    Tards and Tarts
    Region
    Western Cape

he LOVES Kawasakis

Bike
    2013 ER6N
    Region
    Gauteng

I got my 2013 ER6N about 3 weeks ago.
    They are identical except mine is nekked.
    Being my first bike I can't compare it to much other than the training bikes (125-250cc cheapies) and a Ninja 250.

I have ridden quite a bit on my er6n and I enjoy it a lot.
    For me, the seat is more comfortable than my friend's F800GS. Definitely softer. I haven't ridden his F800GS because he is worried that I will drop it. But I will one day.
    My friend reckons the gearbox on the er6n feels better than his 2013 F800GS (He bought it brand new, now has 2800km on the clock).

I spent an hour in a single go on the er6n and didn't want to get off. I had to because it was getting dark and I used my tinted visor. Didn't feel uncomfortable at any point in time.
    It is nice and torquey. The twin sounds nice and deep when giving it throttle.
    Going at 130 on the highway there is wind, but nothing unbearable. Should be even better on the F.

Throttle feels a bit twitchy in first gear, so have to be careful at low speed. I practice low speed manoeuvres every time I get on to get used to it. I prefer 2nd gear for almost all slow speed conditions except when at a dead stand still. It has power to pull away in 2nd, but 1st is much more fun

Foot pegs are a bit higher than other similar sized bikes, it provides more lean angle (apparently) but could cramp up taller riders. I am 1.79cm and it fits me like a glove.

The trip computer is nice. There is no gear indicator.

No oil leaks thus far

It currently has a bit over 1600km on the clock.

2014 er6f pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4371841&type=3
    Looks like they inverted the colours on the tank and the grab handles for pillion looks a bit different.

Bike
    06 black 1200S Bandit and 98 red 1200S Bandit
    Region
    Gauteng

LL, seems like you, me and my daughter share a passion for horses

File0116.jpg

One small difference between me and you two. You two prefer yours one at a time and on 4 legs. I like mine on 2 wheels and LOTS!! of them
    Maturity is a grossly overrated achievement

I am who I am. Your approval is not required nor desired. Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter

Bike
    06 black 1200S Bandit and 98 red 1200S Bandit
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SynergyZA View Post
    No oil leaks thus far

It currently has a bit over 1600km on the clock.
    A bit early to pass comment on oil leaks. My black Bandit now has 150000kms on it and nary a sign of oil ... except where I spill a bit topping it up Add a couple of zeros and a few years before you need to start worrying
    Maturity is a grossly overrated achievement

I am who I am. Your approval is not required nor desired. Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

:..................you can have AZ work onnit...........he LOVES Kawasakis.............
    He does! Because he makes so much money off them. This is why he hates Beemers.

Bike
    Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, Kawasaki ER6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi LadyLlama, I also bought an ER6-F as a first bike (once I got back into riding) they are the most awesome bikes. I had 2 ER6's before I bought my Versys ...

I can compare them to a 4 legged horse in one simple phrase, sound and safe .... no dilliness!

(Good looking horse too - you do showing?)
    Positive thinkers act, Negative ones talk

Bike
    Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, Kawasaki ER6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Faster than a scooter, slower than the space shuttle. Nice powerband. Easy to ride slow, but can scare your undergarments to a different colour.
    You talking from experience oom?
    Positive thinkers act, Negative ones talk

Bike
    Kawi Ninja EX300
    Region
    Western Cape

Really appreciate all the comments and remarks SynergyZA, i am about 1.56m, so i dont think i would have to worry too much about the pegs :P Have taken all your wording into account.

@Mark, perhaps if one has slightly narrower shoulders the mirrors would not be useless? Or is this not the case?

Looking for an easy ride, considering it will be my first bike. But also want to feel the power every now and then when i get braver ;)

How many bikes, percentage perhaps, have the gear indicator? It would be a nice feature, so instead of gearing down every two secs at a robot, i just check that its in neutral or first. Would make life a little easier at first

Regarding my 4 legged bike, he just turned 5 on the 4th, and is actually a jumper.
    But in this show we had to where show gear, hence the jacket. I think he might just do well in showing classes, but baby steps
    Expensive sport, and no need to push him too soon. One day we will go graded ;)

Bike
    RIP Kawasaki ER6f. 2012 Honda CBF600S
    Region
    Gauteng

I have a Kawasaki green 2010 ER6f. I bought it with 4100 km on 22 May 2013 on the clock and have it up at about 13 500km now.

I ride to and from my office, which is about a 40km trip each way. 50% freeway and 50% normal roads. The freeway is usually pretty congested, but I do get to open up as well.

My first trip on this bike scared the beep out of me, because it was way bigger than the bikes I had ridden in my past. Now that I have a little while to get used to it, I find the bike pretty easy to ride. I'm pretty short (1.63m), and can only get about half of one foot down. The balance is very nice at slow speeds, and because it is pretty narrow, it's quite easy to get through narrow traffic, if that makes sense.

I don't have anything to compare it to that is a good comparison, but I find the torque, power, acceleration and speed great. I'm sure I will get used to all of those things over time, but I find the bike has everything I want and more. I'm averaging around 4.7 l/100km, so fuel consumption is great. I may be a little more conservative than most though.

I would definitely recommend an er6f to anyone who wants a good all round, economical bike, who isn't after the complete madness of a sooper, and doesn't want to waste their money on a baby bike or scooter, only to find they are frustrated with the lack of power/speed.

Good luck, and enjoy your hunt for your ideal ride.

Bike
    F800GT
    Region
    Western Cape

I had a 2009 model. Did 83 000 kms on that bike. Had a 75km one waytrip 150kms per day for 3yrs. One of the best buys I ever made. never had one hitch on the bike. when I traded it, it was still going service to service without oil top ups. I got 24000kms on a set of Battelaxe BT021 Bridgestones... 19km/L and rarely had to change a cog to overtake. A very forgiving bike and what I mean by that is,....that you can be in the wrong gear in a turn, and it will still pull you around easy- peasy. Bike's got alot of torque so you can be in topgear at around 70km/hr without jerking but will sound a bit rough if you are in 6th @ 60km/hr... much better to change to 5th there. The sweetspot to change is around 5000rpm. that is where the er6 is the happiest. The only negative about this bike is that it feels top heavy when coming to a stop, but its something you get used to after a while. Low seat as well so easy to get your feet solid on the ground. Mirrors you get used to and from 09 onwards the stems were made longer. there is also extensions available from kawasaki. Its one of the best commuters I've ever had....... ps I felt the topheavyness more keenly only after I got on the Beemer..... Hope this helps.
    When LIfe Becomes Pedestrian, It's Time To Ride!!!