Thread: Gazzman - a Eastern Cape Legend 15/10/2013

Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng

Unhappy Gazzman - a Eastern Cape Legend 15/10/2013

It is with a heavy heart that I share that Gary Kent lost the battle with cancer and passed away today. Gazz will always be a legend in the Eastern Cape. A brother to many, a guide to noobs, one hell of a great guy.
    He touched the lives of so many.

Gazz - RiP - Strongs to Sandy and his family and friends. Respect to a true legend in biking
    No more pain...ride free!
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

Bike
    2006 Yamaha FZ1
    Region
    Gauteng

Sorry to hear about this loss....R.I.P

Mexican Slayer
    Bike
    XT660R and Draconia my Motard.
    Region
    Western Cape

very sad!
    So long Gary! You have fought long and hard and deserve some rest
    I never try anything, I just do it >;

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

RIP Gary! condolences to those left behind!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX12R, Kawasaki GTR 1400
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post
    It is with a heavy heart that I share that Gary Kent lost the battle with cancer and passed away today. Gazz will always be a legend in the Eastern Cape. A brother to many, a guide to noobs, one hell of a great guy.
    He touched the lives of so many.

Gazz - RiP - Strongs to Sandy and his family and friends. Respect to a true legend in biking
    No more pain...ride free!
    True that, was just so easy for the majority of bikers to use the newsletterfor reference purposes, feedback and information about upcoming events etc...definitelygoing to be sorely missed! Another aspect many haven't given a thought to wasthe biker networking capabilities Gazz had...need something done, wantsomething obscure, but from within the biking community, he had a data basethat listed all that, e-mails, phone numbers, what they do etc.,etc., not thatBiker Business web page, a personal data base, something that is now sadly lostforever. We lost a brother in biking yes, but we also lost so much more when itcame to his contribution to organised biking here in the EC. I had 4 years ofGazz staying with me…he used to **** me off sometimes, coming home ****ed at3am, revving the bikes and making a nuisance of himself and scaring the oldlady across the road. If he wasn’t a biker I would have kicked his ass out ofthere years ago…but the next day he would always genuinely apologise with a sheepishsmile, offer a dop as compensation and tell you all about theevening…or what he could actually remember! Lol!!Coming home in the evenings, Ialways used to unwind first with Gazz, talk a load of nonsense, but aboveall…laugh a lot! Man we laughed a lot, that I will always remember withfondness. He was obstinate, opinionated, stubborn and downright difficult attimes…but his heart was in the right place, he lived and breathed biking…andwould take the shirt off his back without asking if he saw/identified the need. I miss himterribly, more so than I thought I would…and I’m not ashamed to say this pastweekend, I cried more than I have in many years…I lost a true fellow brother and a goodfriend. The past few months, whenever I left Gazz, I would say,” I love you mybrother,” and he would reply the same, something that I know was difficult forhim to say…something else I’m grateful for!! Pastor Ziggy mentioned at thefuneral that 2 weeks ago Gazz gave his heart to the Lord, something I didn’texpect…but wished for, so now I KNOW we will meet again soon, and ride thoseKawasaki’s like never before!! RIP my brother!!

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Strongs Kawk - miss you my brother - know how close you two were. May you find strength, and may the good memories of Gazz keep that smile on your face.

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by KwakRider View Post
    True that, was just so easy for the majority of bikers to use the newsletterfor reference purposes, feedback and information about upcoming events etc...definitelygoing to be sorely missed! Another aspect many haven't given a thought to wasthe biker networking capabilities Gazz had...need something done, wantsomething obscure, but from within the biking community, he had a data basethat listed all that, e-mails, phone numbers, what they do etc.,etc., not thatBiker Business web page, a personal data base, something that is now sadly lostforever. We lost a brother in biking yes, but we also lost so much more when itcame to his contribution to organised biking here in the EC. I had 4 years ofGazz staying with me…he used to **** me off sometimes, coming home ****ed at3am, revving the bikes and making a nuisance of himself and scaring the oldlady across the road. If he wasn’t a biker I would have kicked his ass out ofthere years ago…but the next day he would always genuinely apologise with a sheepishsmile, offer a dop as compensation and tell you all about theevening…or what he could actually remember! Lol!!Coming home in the evenings, Ialways used to unwind first with Gazz, talk a load of nonsense, but aboveall…laugh a lot! Man we laughed a lot, that I will always remember withfondness. He was obstinate, opinionated, stubborn and downright difficult attimes…but his heart was in the right place, he lived and breathed biking…andwould take the shirt off his back without asking if he saw/identified the need. I miss himterribly, more so than I thought I would…and I’m not ashamed to say this pastweekend, I cried more than I have in many years…I lost a true fellow brother and a goodfriend. The past few months, whenever I left Gazz, I would say,” I love you mybrother,” and he would reply the same, something that I know was difficult forhim to say…something else I’m grateful for!! Pastor Ziggy mentioned at thefuneral that 2 weeks ago Gazz gave his heart to the Lord, something I didn’texpect…but wished for, so now I KNOW we will meet again soon, and ride thoseKawasaki’s like never before!! RIP my brother!!
    The best in life is that we find a true friend. It sounds as if the two of you were true friends.

May you find kindness and gentleness in the days ahead and that the fond memories that you have, keep your heart safe from pain.
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

Bike
    CB600F Hornet
    Region
    Gauteng

R.I.P Gazz

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

A year on...a legend gone...but never forgotten. Gazza...In our collective hearts

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Kwak...my Brother...you are in my heart today. Strongs.

Budah

Fondly remembered, RiP Gazz. Strongs to all concerned. Join in with Pegs down for a biking Legend.

Bike
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Rest in peace my brother, a year passed but daily in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you my boet...

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda NC750x & Honda NC750xd
    Region
    Free State

Saw Webbie's bike newsletter. He was a legend.
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Bike
    Region
    Eastern Cape

We would have had a grand birthday party today for you my brother, just like we always did!! Miss that so much!!

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

We would have had a grand birthday party today for you my brother, just like we always did!! Miss that so much!!
    Gentle hugs KwakRider, thoughts are with you... I do think your liver is happy though.

Hope you are well, my Brother - much love!!!

Bike
    Region
    Eastern Cape

We would have had another memorable birthday party today for you my brother, just like we always did!! I miss that so much!!

Bike
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Rest in peace my brother, 5 years have passed, but never forgotten....daily in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you my boet!!

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Rest in peace my brother, 5 years have passed, but never forgotten....daily in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you my boet!!
    Scary how quick time passes - yet the pain only eases. Much love, Brother. Hope to see you this weekend

Bike
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Never forgotten!!