Thread: Oh man I am getting withdrawal symptoms.

Bike
    VFR800X Crossrunner, Fireblade
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Oh man I am getting withdrawal symptoms.

Just my luck.

A few days ago while having a drink with a friend he noticed that at the back of my SHARK Helmet there is a flaw in the design.

Looking at it closer it seems like the paint started to peel of and noticed a hairline crack. I have never even dropped the helmet, I am just to careful.

Since the helmet is not even 3 months old and SHARK gives you a 5 year warranty I had to take it back to WOA. They took the helmet without giving me issues.

Now I have a bike at home taunting me every day. Not to mention being stuck in my cage again...

How long will this take to be sorted out?
    Hopefully not more than a week, I have some booked training and appointments on the way.

For safety reasons I can not ride with that flaw unless they give me the go-ahead.

Bike
    Amelia (the Econorun winner!); anything <4 wheels
    Region
    Gauteng

Can't they give you one to use in the mean time? Worth asking?
    Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner- Sophia Loren

Bike
    06 black 1200S Bandit and 98 red 1200S Bandit
    Region
    Gauteng

Hair line crack in the shell and they want to fix it? Not that practically minded, but I don't see how they do that properly without totally stripping the helmet and rebuilding it. It is not like all that is needed is a stripe of superglue and a touch up with nail polish. Immediate replacement would seem to be the route to go.
    Maturity is a grossly overrated achievement

I am who I am. Your approval is not required nor desired. Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Hover Ho' View Post
    Can't they give you one to use in the mean time? Worth asking?
    Yeah I was thinking the same.

If I don’t hear from them by tomorrow I will phone and ask.

The thing is they don’t want to sell a helmet even if it’s been out of the shop for a day.

I had an issue buying my helmet the first time.

Begin a noob fitting my helmet I did not know that it’s normal for pressure against you cheek boned.

The sales guy who’s training in helping clients like me did not warn me and really helped, so when the time came to fetch my bike the sales guy from Honda showed me what a major mistake I have made.

I took the helmet back not very happy asking my money back. It still had all the stickers on and I have only tried it on twice, but I had to wait another 2 days for a replacement.

Getting a loan helmet? I will not hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    Hair line crack in the shell and they want to fix it? Not that practically minded, but I don't see how they do that properly without totally stripping the helmet and rebuilding it. It is not like all that is needed is a stripe of superglue and a touch up with nail polish. Immediate replacement would seem to be the route to go.
    I am hoping for that.

What they do is they take x-rays to determine if that crack have any safety issue. If not I probably get the helmet back as is.

Biker Trash
    Bike
    NC700x;TSR250;African Twin;XR500
    Region
    Gauteng

You should have contacted Langston Motorsport directly, as I understand a lot of the guys did received loan helmets while there helmets were in for warranty issues.
    I do not know who the dealers was but as I understand they normally arrange with the dealer to give a loan helmet.

I took my helmet directly to them and they sorted it out while I waited.

I hope you get sorted soon.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Riaanhar View Post
    You should have contacted Langston Motorsport directly, as I understand a lot of the guys did received loan helmets while there helmets were in for warranty issues.
    I do not know who the dealers was but as I understand they normally arrange with the dealer to give a loan helmet.

I took my helmet directly to them and they sorted it out while I waited.

I might still need to do that. Or if you have another contact number for me to contact Shark directly.

According to the Warranty I have to take the helmet back to the guys where I bought it. Yesterday they told me no news from Shark, and that they will be taking x-rays to test the helmet.

Even if they proof that the crack is not dangerous, what then? How about next year?

The helmet is not even 3 months old, so I have 4.7 years left on the Helmet. Is that now my loss?

Sigh, I just can't believe that after R5.5k they are not just replacing the helmet. Now they go out of there way to proof that I can still use my flawed helmet.

Biker Trash
    Bike
    NC700x;TSR250;African Twin;XR500
    Region
    Gauteng

Sorry that I did not reply sooner but had no internet at all for most of the day.

I wont worry about the warranty, what I have experienced myself and heard from others is that they are reasonable and do stand by there warranty and behond. So if it is a manufacturing fault they will replace it.They have to inspect the helmet first, you can contact Justin Kruger sales@langstonracing.co.za He was very helpful and might be able to assist you.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

No problem,

Thanks for the info. I have not heard any bad thing about service from SHARK as well. (Not yet anyway)

I think the bottleneck is from the guys I bought the Helmet from. They forgot to give the Helmet to Shark on Monday and lied about tests Shark have to do buying themselves some time.

Yesterday when I phoned they accidental mentioned only sending the Helmet Tuesday afternoon, it's been there since Saturday.

So I am personally going to visit them today.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Riaanhar View Post
    Sorry that I did not reply sooner but had no internet at all for most of the day.

I wont worry about the warranty, what I have experienced myself and heard from others is that they are reasonable and do stand by there warranty and behond. So if it is a manufacturing fault they will replace it.They have to inspect the helmet first, you can contact Justin Kruger sales@langstonracing.co.za He was very helpful and might be able to assist you.

Update here. Please go have a look, I would like to hear your opinion as well.