Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Honda Dealer for Service

Bike
    NC700 white - RIP. NC700 - silver, R1200 LC GSA - Blue
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    They may have had your bike the whole day, but rest assured, yours wasn't the only one on the day. The poor mechies are always rushed, no matter which dealer. The question is, was the slack on the chain within spec?
    f the chain was still within spec, it was bearly... I sorted it out afterwards, but was just a bit disappointed and one can't help to wonder if they did all they were suppose to. Not knocking Cayenne, just noteing my experience.

Bike
    CBR600F
    Region
    Gauteng

They can only really adjust the chain if there is weight on it, that's why you need to check the tension when you are sitting on it. It's not something normally covered by a service, unless you specifically ask for it.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by DeTour View Post
    They can only really adjust the chain if there is weight on it, that's why you need to check the tension when you are sitting on it. It's not something normally covered by a service, unless you specifically ask for it.
    This is a bit of an old wife's tale, isn't it. The adjustment spec can be given for an unloaded bike. Also, chain adjustment was included in my DL1000 Zook as well as Mags' F650GS single and F650GS twin. In all three cases it was done by Cayenne (then a Suzuki dealer) and later ToyStore and Bavarian for the Beemers. Chains cleaner, lubed and adjusted.

Bike
    Scarlet - Honda NC700X
    Region
    Gauteng

Took my bike to Honda East Rand on Wednesday for chain, sprockets and 24,000km service.
    The service was pricey since it included replacing the R800 air-filter, but overall I was happy with their level of service.
    Unfortunately they don't provide loan bikes, but they have a pick-up and drop-off service.

To top it all, I received a 10% discount on the quoted price since I am an Imperial employee and they are an Imperial dealership.

F...R...U...N...K M...E Booster's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda NC750X
    Region
    Western Cape

Regarding Honda dealers in the Cape:

I bought my NC 750 from Tygerberg, but wasn't really impressed with their service. I am considering getting services done elsewhere.

What has been your experiences with Tygerberg and other Honda dealers in the Western Cape?

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Regarding Honda dealers in the Cape:

I bought my NC 750 from Tygerberg, but wasn't really impressed with their service. I am considering getting services done elsewhere.

What has been your experiences with Tygerberg and other Honda dealers in the Western Cape?
    Keep in mind that the Sales Department and Service Department can be very different in terms of pleasing the customer.

F...R...U...N...K M...E Booster's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda NC750X
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Keep in mind that the Sales Department and Service Department can be very different in terms of pleasing the customer.

That is absolutely true, however, I have noticed that most sales departments would be more customer orientated then other departments within the same company.

I.e. service and credit control is often less helpful to a customer = (person who is giving me work) then sales would be towards a customer = (person who might give me money if I make him happy)

This is normally not the fault of either the sales department or the service department, but rather the management whose job it is to make all the departments treat the customer like a customer.

There is obviously exceptions, but normally I would take the service I receive from the sales department and subtract about 30% nutkick units to get an idea of the level of service I would receive from the service department.

If the sales department did a good job according to my high level of expectation, I would sometimes expect the management to be competent as well, and the service department would only receive an anticipated 10% nutkick unit subtraction.

Honda Tygerberg has given me a 50% nutkick unit of service from its sales department and a 30% nutkick unit from its management. This concludes that the level of service I could expect from the service department is about 20% nutkick unit, or in layman’s terms, about a one in five chance of having children when I’m done.