Thread: Learners and Lisence

Bike
    VFR800X Crossrunner, Fireblade
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Learners and Lisence

Hey Guys,

I am doing my learners in 3 weeks and getting my bike by the end of this month if everything goes well. Wish I did not have to wait so long to write learners but ye, law is law.

The school I am working through will take me all the way to doing my license. (I really don't want to re-do learners every 18 months)

The irony is people can't really tell you where to practise and how the license for a bike works. With drivers license you get so many practise areas with painted lines.

Was it hard to do? Is doing a drivers license harder than bike?

Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng

There are some spots out your way with the course - I think SpeedQueen might assist or PM Oisin - or Nunique - both practiced out your way somewhere.
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Licence actually isnt that hard to do - I just got mine - and refuse to rewrite the learners. If you want I can send you the test and what they expect for the licence - PM me your e-Mail address.

Be sure to practice slow skills at the school you are at - that will help you not only pass, but also help on the roads

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Awesome,

I will PM you. Every bit helps.

Yes the "slow skills" is the point I need to practise as much as possible. I can keep the bike balanced very easily but my clutch control need more work.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Keep practicing - its a hard skill to master - but once done, you will feel more confident and it will help you in leaps and bounds out there. Never stop training! ​EVER!

Biker Trash
    Bike
    GS (Amadeus)
    Region
    Gauteng

There's a place slightly north of you, in Valhalla called A-Plus driving school. They charge R210 to do K53 rider's training, and thereafter you are free to use their premises (at R20 a pop) to keep practising before the test. My son did his license through them, and Swambo is now doing the same.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by DirkM View Post
    There's a place slightly north of you, in Valhalla called A-Plus driving school. They charge R210 to do K53 rider's training, and thereafter you are free to use their premises (at R20 a pop) to keep practising before the test. My son did his license through them, and Swambo is now doing the same.
    Cool thanks,

I am with 3030 Motor Bike School and they have a good success rate. Knowing myself I would like to go for even extra lessons so I can learn the bike I will be doing my license on very well.