Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearing protection

Bike
    Versys 650
    Region
    Free State

I use the silicone plugs, able to mold them nicely and no discomfort.
    Would like a pair of custom plugs, but for now the silicone works great for me.

Biker

Bike
    BMW R1200 GSA LC
    Region
    Gauteng

Tried the generic plastic/silicon swimming plugs. Only one ride as they block too much sound. I was not able to hear anything.

Then moved onto the generic foam plugs from the pharmacy. Rode with them for quite a while. Comfortable, blocks just enough noise, and cheap enough to use new ones as often as you like.

Then upgraded to the NoNoise. World of difference. Not meant for the track but commuting is good. Can hear most conversations while wearing them. Comfortable enough to wear for the long rides (just did a return trip from Cape Town over 2 days). Highly recommend them at the R300 -> R400 price range.

Lurker
    Bike
    MV Brutale Dragster
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks for the feedback. Then a pair of NoNoise it is

Biker
    Bike
    Honda NC750X DCT
    Region
    Western Cape

100% Agree - tinkered with lower end versions etc and then opted for NoNoise - really worth the expense. Recommended same to friend who used different brand. His feedback same as mine, very positive and more - there is no comparison

Bike
    '13 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Region
    Gauteng

I have used NoNoise for many years, on bikes and while taking pics of bands almost every weekend at at festivals. I often stand right next huge speakers while taking pics and NoNoise earplugs simply rock.
    And speaking of rock, I don't do calm bands either, I do the Metal and Rock thing.
    There is simply no comparison to NoNoise.

I have used many different types of earplugs, from the yellow foam jobbies to custom made ones, and the orange NoNoise (motorsport specific) work better than any others I have used.
    I also tried the NoNoise purple ones designed for music and the red "work" ones, but they both do not work as well as the orange ones.
    I can have normal converstaions with band members between songs as they do not cut the sound of voices that much.

On track days I can hear other bikes, people talking, etc, but all wind noise and rumbling is gone.

I have three sets of them. I doubt I will change to any other earplugs.

http://www.nonoise.co.za/products/motorsport/
    "I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives." - Billy Connolly

Lurker
    Bike
    MV Brutale Dragster
    Region
    Gauteng

Glad to hear that you can still hear speech and the sound of the bike. Appreciate the feedback thanks all!

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    ninja 250r - sold :( NC700x :D
    Region
    Gauteng

i find with my no noise plugs that on my right ear it doesnt want to sit nice and they just a ball ache to get out of that little canister they come with. Otherwise they work well i guess.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    i find with my no noise plugs that on my right ear it doesnt want to sit nice and they just a ball ache to get out of that little canister they come with. Otherwise they work well i guess.
    It was for this reason that I eventually had custom ones made for me. They are now a perfect fit and ProtecEar added a clip and string to mine so they clip to my jacket and can't get lost, but can even hand there while taking a break, etc.