Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on insurance procedures

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    None Right Now
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
    No. Claimed from the idiot responsible (in the first case myself )
    Why should one have to pay the excess AND higher premiums if it was not your fault at all. i.e ZERO blame

...and in these cases their insurance doesn't quibble
    Most policies actually specifically state that the insured must NOT admit liability. If they do.....
    Your insurance is also there to handle all legal matters on your behalf, not simply pay money to you when stuff breaks.

As such half the reason you pay them is to handle all these matters on your behalf.

Sure it saves you a quick buck to go direct, but also costs you plenty in time and effort, especially if they put a fight up and don't automatically admit liability.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Your insurance is also there to handle all legal matters on your behalf, not simply pay money to you when stuff breaks.

As such half the reason you pay them is to handle all these matters on your behalf.

Sure it saves you a quick buck to go direct, but also costs you plenty in time and effort, especially if they put a fight up and don't automatically admit liability.
    +1000.

Going directly to the other party's insurance will only work if the other party admit 100% liability and works with you.

Grammar Nazi (Wish I was a biker) Buelligan's Avatar
    Bike
    XTaZee
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    +1000.

Going directly to the other party's insurance will only work if the other party admit 100% liability and works with you.
    Agreed
    Both cases were amicably handled and resolved within a few days
    Looking for a new onw...some Mad Scot stole mine